The Worst Reunion

Start from the beginning

'Your talks won't help you out this time, Alex-andra!' Sabel mocked, 'Oh- you could have stayed back,' she sang, 'with that vain son of Ethan. But how could you?! You are my niece! Want for revenge runs in your veins!'

'I am not anything like you- you ugly woman!' Alexandra snarled. Maybe it hit the Aunt too hard, the jibe about "ugly"... because she stopped pulling Alexandra and instead, held her neck from behind, pushing the niece headfirst towards the wall, slamming her forehead on the stone structure..

Stars danced in front of Alexandra's eyes. She could feel hot, burning pain on her forehead- still, for the first time, Alexandra was not being dragged- she was free to use her hands for something other than trying to soothe her stinging, paining scalp. She registered a window right above Sabel.

Aunt Sabel had a bigger, fuller plan. Aunt Sabel had plotted on this from years. Aunt Sabel had all the advantage. And Alexandra's one strength wouldn't help her here...

Your talks won't get you out of this!

There was no way she could find out of all this. Alexandra had no choice. This was the last thing she would have even considered doing... but now it was a do-or-die as well as a now-or-never situation.

Sabel took one step towards her- as she did, Alexandra whistled.

'What nonsens-' Sabel began, but even before she had completed those two words, a blur of blue-green-gray swooped inside, circling Alexandra's head urgently.

'I love you, Jade!' Alexandra almost wailed, holding out the paper- the "I am in trouble" letter. The pigeon tilted her head slightly, as if to say, I sort of hate you, but I can't watch you die either... Jade clasped the parchment in her beak and Aunt Sabel slashed Moira in the air at her, she missed the bird by a whole foot. Jade was just a speck in the sky- by the time Sabel regained her wits.

'You...' The Aunt hissed, grabbing Alexandra's neck in her iron grip- their eyes clashing. Alexandra recoiled, panting like she'd run miles, 'You- dare-'

'Yes I dare!' Alexandra barked back, bravely- though her legs were almost collapsing, and speaking while almost getting choked was never easy. 'I don't fear an ugly hag like you!' She purposefully used the word "ugly", if it infuriated Sabel- she would say it a thousand more times.

'If I'm ugly-' Sabel replied, through gritted teeth, 'who is responsible for that?!' She demanded, freeing Alexandra from her hold- who doubled over, retching- 'The father of your goody-good lover! That Ethan- who destroyed my life! I couldn't have my revenge on him. But I shall definitely have it on his son- and I will begin by destroying you- slowly, painfully Alexandra- so that the great Liam can feel. So that he can feel what it is like to be snatched away from somebody you loved- with no fault of yours!'

Either the world was spinning- or Alexandra's head was. She was just bleakly registering Sabel's words, which somehow made everything spin faster. Ethan. Destroyed my life. Revenge. On his son. Destroying you. Slowly. Painfully. Snatched away from love. No fault of yours.

All she could understand from it was that- somehow Liam's Crook father had destroyed her Aunt Sabel's life. That Liam's and her own life had entangled even before they had been born.

But how?

For that- Alexandra had no answer. All she knew, Aunt Sabel was now thirsty for revenge- and it would begin with her slow, painful death.

Alexandra was not at all excited for the slow, painful death.

They passed corridors upon corridors- ran down staircases. Alexandra's scalp was numb from the pain of constant pulling. She couldn't get her pocket knife out- not right now, when Moira was with Sabel. And she was pretty sure that Aunt knew how to use a dagger.