The Skeleton In The Closet

10 minutes later, we walked back together in silence. I was worried about what this talk would be about, or worse led to. 'Is he going to ask me to leave? Is he going to ask me to join something else? Or maybe leave everything all tog-' "Crystal." I blinked as I focused on where we were. Morrison had the door opened as waiting for me to walk in first. I let my fluffy ears fell as I chuckled awkwardly and stepped inside of his office. He cleared his throat while looking back and forth as if waiting for someone to pop up.

After he saw it was all clear he stepped in and closed the door behind him. He held out a hand, "Take a seat, get comfortable," He let out a warm smile, "We're friends here." I slowly sat in the chair with a confused tilt of my head, "Friends? I thought that wasn't allowed here..." He frowned a bit leaning on his desk facing me, "Who told you this?" "Commander Re-" I stop myself as I felt like I should not be telling his business. I heard a sigh come from the blond man. "This is my fault." He got up and sat in his chair behind the desk.

"I put you with Blackwatch because of your skills and performance to be even better. You have grown and with you with Reyes, it seems he became less grouchy and more friendly. I was happy to put you there. He talked nothing but positive things about you when I asked. But lately, he seems harsher and more abusive towards you. It's pissing me off, to be frank with you." I nodded in understanding. So, I was not the only one who noticed his change in behavior as well.

"I thought he was being tough on you after your hesitance in one of your previous missions. You have not failed or questioned anything since. So why is he still hard on you to the point that he," He then mentions with his hands to my tail, "abuses you to where you bleed? I would have believed it if it were a training accident or a mission mishap, but this," He stands and walks over to me, "Is not ok. A commander should never put their hands on their agent in such a degree." He was stern and angry in every right. But was it towards me as well? For letting this happen for so long. "I understand Strike Comm-" "Jack." I jumped at attention surprised. "Call me Jack when we're alone, like old times." I smiled, glad he has not changed. "Jack, I'm sorry I haven't come to you sooner, but you're right it has to stop...This... this isn't the first time, that he got handsy." I stuttered out looking down in shame.

I knew he would get upset. I heard him growl in the back of his throat, "What? Show me were." He demanded making me jump. I shook slightly not ready to reveal this secret, not even McCree or Genji knows. I saw him quickly knelt, so he was just lower than my eye level. "I'm sorry Crystal, but I need to know. You know how I am with you, especially after..." His voice became low not wanting to bring up the past. No one knows about our past, and it must stay that way sadly.

I sighed while nodding. I should him some scars on the rest of my tail and ears. Reyes chooses those places knowing the scars will not show easily when the blood dries. My fur would sook up the blood most of the time, so even I would not notice until I would smell it. I explained all the moments and scenarios to each scar. Each wound and bruise of its own story and history behind it. The more I told, the more he got upset, mad at the man he would call a former friend. "We've been brothers in arms, but I could never imagine this would happen. The hell is his problem with you?" He growled, becoming protective. "Maybe because I'm different..." I felt my face squish slightly while tilted in his direction, "That's not true, there has to be another reason. Not once has he mentioned it was a problem, he actually enjoyed your looks and uniqueness." I pushed his hand away gently, "He's probably sick of it." "Stop saying that. It has to be something else-"

There were three quick knocks on the door. It sounded urgent with a voice coming out. "Strike Commander Morrison, it's me McCree, May I speak to you for a moment?" That is odd, we usually talk to our own Commander. I slid farther down in the chair wanting to hide. "We'll continue this later." He sternly said followed by a come-in. The cowboy came in with concern and dismay on his face. He hurriedly shut the door behind him. "Have you seen-" He turned to see me in the chair. I looked away with sadness. "Oh, thank god darlin' I found ya," He rushed over to me, "Are ya alright? Why did ya run off? Why here?" He asked so many questions that I could not keep up.

"She's alright McCree, please settle down." Jack mentioned to the chair next to me, "But I'm glad you're here." McCree looked between me and Jack with worry. He took a seat next to me, "Is she in trouble with being late ta the meeting? It is not her fault that she is late, it is mine. I'll take the punishment for her." Jack looked at McCree with concern, "So you must have noticed too?" McCree started to act stupid, not wanting me to be in trouble with Jack. "I don't know what ya mean sir." "Cut the bullshit McCree. You seemed in a rush to find Wolf and act as if she has just been shot-"

"HE shot you Darlin'!?!?!" McCree was now looking me over, seeing if I actually been shot, "I'm fine, I wasn't shot. Just a scratch." I showed my tail, "It's fine, I'm fine." "Bullshit! I'm tired of seeing you in pain Crystal, you're starting to lose sleep and focus over this." McCree was vivid, just like Jack. "How many times?" We both look at Jack in confusion, "Huh?" "How long has this been happening? How many times has this been a problem for your team?" We both stayed silent. "Don't make me command you to speak." Jack turned to me seriously. He wanted answers. "I-" I opened my mouth but stopped. I quickly covered my mouth and ducked in the chair wanting it to swallow me. I heard him turn the corner. He is coming this way. "I gotta hide!" I abruptly say in fear. I jumped out of the chair while turning into my wolf form and hid behind the desk, trying to become tiny and not noticeable. I knew he was looking for me, he was going to punish me again.