Chapter 13-Flames Pond Never Dies

Hiro's POV

When I reached town, I was tired and wanting to go home. I couldn't since Adam is out there with Baymax and his enemy probably figuring out a way on how to destroy me. Then once I'm gone he'll go after my family and friends.

"Hiro!" I heard Tadashi yell.

I glanced to my left and saw him running towards me. On the inside I was ecstatic to see him. It didn't look that way on the outside.

"Hey. I searched everywhere for you," my brother said, "the least you can do is smile."

I fake smiled and we headed towards the school.

"Where's Adam?" Tadashi asked

"He betrayed us. Adam is working with his enemy," I said as we entered the lab.

"Do you know why he betrayed us?"

I told my brother I didn't know.

"I know why your cousin betrayed us!" Honey shouted as she and the others ran to us. "The creepy enemy used a chemical that only reacts to people with fire power. Which Adam has that ability. Those chemicals attach to his brain cells and takes over."

"Okay. Is there away to fix him?" I asked

"Unfortunately, no there is not. Well. Yes. But Adam will have to commit suicide. In order for him to live. No. There's no way of saving him," GoGo said for Honey who was at a computer.

"Ah-ha!" She suddenly exclaimed, "I found them. They're at the closed art center near the edge of town. Apparently Baymax's health chip is back in and-"

"And he's here," Tadashi said behind me.

I turned around and saw Baymax back to normal.

"Yes!" Everyone said

"Hello," Baymax said as we all hugged him, "Hiro. Adam is dying and not himself."

"I know buddy. We'll go back and fix Adam," I told him.

Baymax looked at me. He told me that if we go to Adam we'll have to fight. In response, I told him we don't care. I'll do anything to get my cousin back.

"Can I come with you?" Tadashi asked.

I climbed on Baymax and looked at me brother. He was pleading silently. I knew he should come but I let him. Tadashi climbed in beside me and Baymax punched a hole through the ceiling. We flew out and towards the art center where we'd fight my cousin in hopes that he'll become good again.

Adam's POV

I paced back and forth in the parking lot of the art center. I am supposed to battle my cousin.

"Adam stop pacing," the Fuzzy Guy said.

I ignored him and continued pacing.

"Adam seriously stop it. You're walking in a fire," he said.

I didn't listen to him. I knew if I did he'd take control of me again.

"Shut up Matthew," I spat.

That's his real name. Matthew Thiessen. My best friend now turned into freak enemy bent on revenge to destroy me once and for all.

"Why can't you be normal? I have the serum to turn you back into a normal human being," I told him.

"No. I like the way I am!" He complained, he sounded more like the real Matthew than the Fuzzy Guy.

"Really? Dude you look like a yellow monkey/walrus/human hybrid," I said.