Chapter 8-Help from the Agency (Part 2)

Adam's POV

I saw darkness and heard people shouting while I felt like I was being rushed down a hallway. My eyes opened a little and I saw my friends.

"Agent Pond what happened?" Breanne asked.

"Where's Hiro?" I asked her in a hoarse voice, ignoring the question she asked me.

She sighed impatiently and slapped me. I heard Gabriel yell at her and that's when I blacked out again. While I was out, I imagined myself with Hiro and we had fun flying around his city. Nothing was wrong. Everything was perfect. But that was it. It was too perfect. I had my fire power back, the Fuzzy Guy wasn't chasing us and we were enjoying ourselves.

"Adam why are you frowning?" Hiro asked.

"This isn't real. Right now I'm..."

I trailed off of my sentence when I started falling and I saw a bright light.

My eyes opened and I was in a hospital bed. Breanne came in and looked angry. I was waiting for her to hit me when she rushed at me. Gabriel suddenly came in and told her to leave. She left and he sighed.

"She's still mad at you for sending her little sister into an open fire," he said.

"That was eleven years ago!" I exclaimed then I said "Ow. Oh god."

I cringed when I felt my chest hurt badly. Gabriel came over and messed with a tube thing and the pain went down.

"With the loss of your fire power and your regelation cells dying and getting attacked," Gabriel said, "we don't expect you to live past next week. You need to quit being an agent. I meant it this time."

"What!?" I yelled, "b-b-but I can't die! Hiro needs me. I need to figure out what this book says," I told him while showing him the book. Gabriel looked at me skeptically. I said, "Oh for the love of god just help me. Please. I told Hiro he can't help me unless-"

Gabriel now looked pissed at me.

"Your cousin is helping you?" He asked, "you know the rules! I cannot allow family members to help with your mission. Which you failed by the way. You're too nice Adam. You should've killed the Fuzzy Guy. " Gabriel said. He sighed and added, "I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll have to kill you now."

I stared at him unable to speak as he pointed a gun at my face. I somehow knew this day would come. But it can't be right now. Hiro needs me and I need him, I told myself. Then the bullet fired and I used the watch. I was transported to the computer lab where I grabbed a big fat textbook then I used the device to go to Hiro. But before I actually left, I got shot in the shoulder. Then a white life filled my vision and I landed in front of the café. I went in and Aunt Cass stopped helping a customer and came to me.

"Where is Hiro?" I asked breathlessly.

"He's upstairs. Do you need help?" She asked me.

I shook my head and she walked away with a frown on her face. I stumbled through the café and walked up the stairs. Hiro was muttering to himself when I reached the top.

"Hiro. I need your help," I said.

He stopped muttering and stared at me. He pointed to my shoulder and I looked at it. A strange white foam was oozing out of the wound and mixed with my blood.

"He poisoned me. That jerk," I muttered angrily.

"Who poisoned you?" Hiro asked as he helped me sit down in a chair.

"Someone you don't know. It was someone at the agency," I answered as I threw the book down, "hurry. The poison is making its way to my heart."

Hiro got Baymax and he scanned me.

"You're dying Adam," Baymax said, "I do not have a cure for-"

"Yes you do!" I shouted, "access database on Flames Pond. File A-J898."

Then I cried out in pain as it intensified and I felt Baymax jab a needle into my arm. My eyes were squeezed shut and I saw stars. There was a loud ringing noise in my ears. This lasted for about twenty minuets then I opened my eyes and I sighed.

"Thanks," I told Baymax.

"You're welcome," he replied.

I looked at Hiro who stared at me in shock.

"How did you know-"

Baymax interrupted Hiro and said,

"Tadashi secretly programmed me to assist Flames Pond or Adam Young incase of an emergency."

Hiro still looked shocked and asked me about the big book on the floor. I gave him a brief overview of what it does.

"Cool," he said, "and don't you dare say no. I'm gonna help you figure out what it says."

I laughed and told him I was sorry about what I said. Hiro forgave me then we worked together to figure out what the book says.