November 3rd, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- November 3rd, 2021

Dear Diary,

As I sit in bed with Harry, my mind whirls around what happened with the King yesterday and the events of the day that occurred before we settled down in our room in this night. Harry lay on his side, his eyes closed as he snored away his worries. I was hoping he wouldn't have nightmares about his fathers' death since sleep was supposed to be peaceful, bringing about wonderland.

It all started in the morning, the morning after the Kings' death. I awoke to Harry sitting on the bed beside me, his knees drawn up to his chest and his arms held them close. He stared out of the window, the sunshine seeping onto us, however, it wasn't so comforting. Even though the sun shone, the terrors of the previous day hung over us like a dark cloud, the rain cascading down on us.

He was lost in thought as he gazed through the window, above the city that was down below us. I knew he wasn't mesmerised by the beauty but lost in thought, a prisoner within his own mind. He was held hostage to thinking and I knew the terrors within it. Thunder and lightning pushed him to his limits, overthinking constantly running through his mind and the terrors marched on.

Moving closer, I tried to get close to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked over the city as well, trying to forget the past with the beauty of nature and civilisation. "Harry?" I whispered and looked up at him. My touch didn't faze him, he didn't even know I was there but when I called him from his mind, he blinked a few times before turning his head to meet my eyes. "Talk to me," I encouraged. Maybe talking would help him, pull him away from overthinking and I could reassure him.

"I can't- I can't even muster up the words," he whispered as he looked down onto the beds' ivory sheets. "I'm going crazy, my mind's holding me hostage and I don't know how to stop thinking. I keep seeing my father's pale face, dead and I'm wondering who poisoned him, you know?" He whispered, loud enough for me to hear him. I nodded, understanding.

"Instead of being stuck by yourself, maybe we can figure out together who killed him?" I asked. I brushed away the strands of hair that fell over his eyes and he looked over to me. Eyebrows furrowed, his pale green eyes held fear and terror. All the events crossing them within seconds, not being able to escape.

"Who do you think killed him?" He asked. I bit the inside of my cheek, thinking about who else possibly could of hated him, his enemies. Who would want the king dead? There was so many people wanting a king of a kingdom to pass away for the benefit of power and wealth, but who has the courage to go through with it? What enemy hated him so much to single hand poison him?

"I don't know, Harry. We need to find somewhere to start with, maybe a clue that could lead us to the killer," I said and pushed away the strands of hair away from my face. "Did your father have any enemies?" I asked.

"Not that I was aware with. I was trained with how to rule a kingdom like in battle, events and things like that but I hadn't got to the stage where I knew the Kingdom's affairs. I wasn't finished training yet," he said, his voice lowering and he looked down to his knees, lost in his thoughts once again.

"Let's start by asking your mother?" I asked. "Your father would possibly talk to her about the Kingdoms' affairs, right?" I said. He looked over to me, his pale green eyes staring into my own and nodded slightly, the frown visible upon his plump rosy lips.

"I ordered breakfast for you. Get dressed, eat and we'll start looking," Harry said. My eyebrows furrowed together and I nodded.

"What about you?" I asked.

Shaking his head, he replied, "I'm not hungry," and jumped up from our bed. He walked into the bathroom, preparing for the day ahead of us.

With the knocking of the door, the maid brought upon a tray of food with scrambled eggs, toast, orange juice and some salad. It smelled and looked delicious and I realised I haven't eaten properly for a while. I was always occupied by some events that pushed away any appetite for food. Thanking her, I placed it upon my lap and dug into my breakfast, however, something caught my eye.