November 1st, 2021

Aurelia's Diary- November 1st, 2021

Dear Diary,

The baby blue sky reflected the beauty of nature, the soft breeze whirling past the emerald trees. Coming back to Eroda was a refreshing breath where my heart calmed down and my body stopped shaking like it was freezing. In fact, I felt warm and at peace, away from my mother who lied about the death of my father. I didn't want to be involved with such drama and lies when we were just reunited. To think I'm an actual princess actually left me shocked and bewildered. It all happened in an instance, even though Harry and I took days to arrive to the Kingdom of Salvadora.

Harry...

Ever since we returned from our adventure, it turned downhill. The wedding of Harry and Anastasia was to be continued and to think I actually thought he'll cancel it all. Who was I kidding though? Was this feelings all one sided like a wall was blocking me from reaching him. I hated this feeling how everything went back to normal, well, as normal as it can get. However, it was slightly different. The times where we talked even if it was humiliating and rude came to a complete halt. Stolen glances were taken but we both couldn't muster up the words. Like the words stopped short at the back of our throats.

The wedding was to be held this evening. Due to this, everyone was in chaos. The kitchen was busy preparing the meals for the guests, the wedding planners scattered around ordering others around with decorations and other maids were cleaning the ballroom and the rest of the castle. I, on the other hand, was in the very same garden where Harry and I both talked and met to escape. My hands worked themselves into pulling weeds out of the dirt, eventually trimming the unnecessary remains of plants. It would of been a normal day if the wedding wasn't happening.

My eyes averted to the area of the wedding. It looked extremely magnificent like of a Disney movie. Fairy lights hung from the vast ivory roof, an alter leading to an arch decorated with crimson roses and seats were placed on either side of the alter. However, with people scattering around the venue, it was harder to memorise the details. It was more of a Robin Hood sort of a wedding in a natural woodland setting which brought out the beauty of love and nature. 

"Whatcha doing?" A familiar voice drifted to my ears and I turned away from the setting to meet the eyes of Harry. My eyebrows furrowed and I huffed away a piece of hair from my face. "Do you like it?" He continued and I quickly glanced to the wedding setting once again.

"Yeah, I do," I said, trying to bite back any nasty talk. I wanted to yell at him. I thought our feelings were mutual, however, I guess it wasn't. Whatever happened, clearly stayed on the road.

"Look, I was meaning to talk to you," he said.

Holding out my hand to stop him, I stared into his eyes. "Don't. I got the message, Harry,"

"Aurelia, let me explain, please," he continued, the fear beginning to rise in his voice.

"What's there to explain?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and he sighed.

"Look, I know how it looks-" 

"It's exactly how it looks. Whatever you're trying to explain isn't going to change the fact that you're getting married," I cut him off and he clenched his jaw. Stepping closer to me, he looked down into my eyes, our breath beginning to mingle. "Harry, you're going to be a married man,"

"Say it," he said and I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"What?" I replied as confusion began to overwhelm me.

"Say you love me and you don't want this marriage," he whispered and my eyes widened.

"Harry, I can't. My words don't have any effect. Either way, you're getting married and we'll both end in heartbreak," I whispered, the tears beginning to pool within my eyes.

"Say it and I'll end this whole marriage right now. You're a princess now, I have the right to legally marry you," he said and my eyes widened in shock. He wanted to marry me? It was mutual?

"So you like me? it's mutual? But your parents," I continued.

"So what? They wanted me to marry a princess so I'm clearly doing that. It doesn't need to be specific," he said and I bit my lip, trying to decide whether or not I should. But I should take in considerate of Anastasia's feelings. "Say it, Aurelia," he said, his face inching closer.

"I- Harry, I can't. Anastasia would be so hurt," I said, closing my eyes for a brief moment.

"Would you rather Anastasia be with a man who doesn't love her but another?" I whispered and I had to agree with him. I was so selfish. But wouldn't she want to be with another man who actually loved and deserved her? No, they can grow to love one another. I can't interfere.

Using one hand, I pushed Harry away. Eyebrows furrowing together in pain, tears began to pool within his eyes. "Harry, you can grow to love one another. I can't ruin this for her and the kingdom," I said as I looked down shamefully. I just hurt him. I stabbed a sword in his chest and wedged it deep, twisting it. He would think the pain crossing him would be the end of him, however, it would allow him to grow. He needed someone like Anastasia, even though it hurts me the most.

"Aurelia, please don't do this!" He exclaimed as he looked tearfully in my eyes. "I won't let you go," he continued as he shook his head in denial. Grabbing my face, he forced me to look into his emerald green irises, captivating me. "Say you love me. Tell me to stop this wedding. Don't do this to us, baby," he said, his voice cracking and I felt my heart shatter like pieces of glass. With a tear stained face, I gazed up to him and tried my best to hold myself together.

"Harry," I said, voice cracking. "Go and marry her," I whispered as sobs escaped my lips. He grabbed me, pulling me into his chest and I sank into his touch. His Gucci cologne flooded my nostrils and the heaving of both our chests made it hard to breathe. "I can't do this to you,"

"I don't love her. You're hurting Anastasia, myself and you. Please marry me," he cracked. I looked back up at him in shock and the pain in my chest slightly came to halt. "Marry me,"

"Harry-"

"Harry! Come here right now! What are you doing with the maid?" His father boomed. Flinging away from one another, we looked over to the King, eyes widened like eggs. "Don't you dare interfere, maid. This wedding is going to take place whether you like it or not," he hissed. Harry looked at his father, hands tightened into fists and his jaw clenched.

"Why, father, why can't I be with her? What makes you think she is any different from us? We're equals so I'll treat her just the same as you would with any other king or queen. You can't stop me," he said, crossing his arms. My eyes widened in complete shock to the words he uttered. After all this time, he finally decided to listen to me? He finally decided to treat everyone as equals?

"What is this mindset, son? Didn't I teach you better?" His father asked in disbelief.

"No, you taught me wrong, father. Everyone is supposed to be treated as equals and I won't let you do otherwise," he said, pushing his head higher in confidence. Well, that's hot.

"Is this the work of the maid? Don't you dare interfere or change my sons' mind," the king argued, staring right into my eyes and his finger pointed at me. Harry stepped in front of me, blocking the view of the king as if he wanted to protect me. I felt weak, destroyed as I was faced directly with the king. All the anger was pointed directly at me. But who was he to make the rules?

(Hey everyone! What did you think of this chapter? Sorry for the late update! I've had so many assignments and preparations for exams. Hope you enjoyed this anyways and please consider voting or commenting! Much appreciated!)

~Love Natalie 🥰