5: Little sister

A little blonde girl with bright happy eyes sat with her back reclined against a tree. Whoever the point of view was from had delicate hands, and apparently a girly voice. The little girl looked up with a smile, and her identity was immediately recognizable. 

Christa...

"You like Christa's story, huh Historia?" The voice said with a laugh. 

Historia?

The little blonde girl, Christa--or rather Historia--nodded eagerly. "Yes. She's so nice to everyone! Just like you!"

"Ah?!" The voice sounded alarmed. 

Historia laughed and hugged the woman. "When I grow up I want to be just like you."

The vision blurred as tears swelled up in the eyes of the woman. Her arms went around Historia as the little girl stiffened. She didn't look uncomfortable, just utterly confused as to why she was being hugged with so much force. When she finally composed herself, the woman released Historia from the hug and put a hand on her head. The blonde looked up in confusion, still unaware of what might've caused her visitor such a reaction. 

"I have to go back now, but I'll come back to read you some more stories." The woman said as she pressed her forehead against Historia's, sending a sort of electric bolt between them. It didn't seem to harm the young girl, but the effect was instantly felt. She stood up hastily and retreated into the nearby ranch, leaving the blonde with a confused look on her face. 

Y/N woke up when a pillow was thrown to his face. 

"Wake up Y/N. You're going to be late again." Reiner said with his arms crossed. 

With a groan, the orange-haired boy sat up and looked around the barrack. Everyone else seemed to be either dressing up or heading out to meet with Commander Shadis for the day's training lesson. After closing his eyes and pouting like a little boy, Y/N finally got up his bed and began to get ready for the day. 

"You don't have to wait for me." Y/N said as he put on a shirt. "I'll be out in a minute."

Reiner simply nodded and walked away with everyone else in the barrack. It had already been around a year since cadet training had started, and Y/N had made a name of himself for being a professional slacker. He woke up late, didn't try at all, yet somehow everything managed to fall in place for him. Some cadets said that if he actually tried in training he could be in the top two of the class, but that was the thing. He just didn't seem to try at all. There was no real motivation behind any of his actions.

Before putting on his jacket, the shifter sighed and sat on his bed. His dream had been confusing. It reminded him of the memories he received from whoever he had eaten, but somehow he knew that it was different. Whoever these memories belonged to was not someone he had eaten, or someone who had been eaten by the person he ate. 

It had been the memory of the Founding Titan. The previous holder of the Titan was someone with close ties with Christa--Historia. By the sort of interactions they had, Y/N had a feeling that the Shifter had been a familial figure to Christa. It would then make sense why the wall cultist would care so much for her existence. Maybe Christa knew where the Founding Titan was. 

Maybe Christa had the Founding Titan. 

There was only one way to confirm his suspicions. It was risky, but he would do it if it meant a possibility of going back home and seeing his family again. 

Once his jacket was on and he stretched a little, Y/N walked out the barracks and stepped into the training grounds. All the cadets were standing straight in front of Commander Shadis, who was looking annoyed at the tardiness of his recruit. As he stepped closer, an urge to yawn overcame him. Y/N did so in front of an already fuming mad Shadis, adding a lot of salt to the wound.