Hardin Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

I sit at the counter and drink the coffee.

She sits next to me and takes a bite of my donut, it's not like I was gonna eat it.

"Look Hardin, you have to look at things from her eyes. The man she loves fucked her over, literally. Now is your chance to show her the man she fell in love with, nows yours time to shine. So get your shit together and go get her, I have to go, I texted you the barbers address."

She finishes the donut before she leaves the apartment, I finish the coffee before I look over at the food Tessa made. If I want tonight to go well I need energy, maybe food will help. I don't have much time so I have a bit of pasta before I go into the bathroom.

I brush my teeth before I shave my face, I wash my face and slick my hair back before I garb my keys and slide off my shoes. I grab my jean jacket and put it on before I go to my car.

...

When I sit in the chair the barber walks over and puts a cape on me.

"I'm Jim, I'm a friend of Gavin and Kim's. What were you looking to get done?"

"I don't know, just trim the sides and take an inch off the top. I like it long."

"Ok."

He starts cutting.

...

Once he's done I look in the mirror, looks good.

"Thanks." I say.

I pay before I leave, I get back in my car and drive back to the apartment. It starts to snow on the drive, once I get to the apartment I sit on the couch and stare out the window. I don't know if I should go.

You know what fuck this, I'm not giving up on us. I'm not.

I love her and she's mine and I refuse to give her up, no one else can have her. No one.

I get up and put on what Kim brought.

I'm bringing my girl home.

...

After her.

...

She looks absolutely fucking stunning, the green of her dress brings out the blue in her eyes.

Her hair and her lips.............good god she's stunning.

Absolutely fucking stunning, I swear I have to remind myself to breathe.

"Hardin." It's all she says.

I don't know if she's happy or angry.

"Hi." I say.

I don't know what else to say.

"Everyone please take your seats, the ceremony is about to begin." Says the wedding planner.

Everyone sits down but Tessa and I just stare at each other, she quickly looks away and sits down. I sit in the empty seat next to her, she picks at her fingers. I notice her fresh black nail polish.