18

Jimin takes the next few days off, just sitting in his room and studying, texting Jungkook and talking to Jihyun, occasionally listening while his mom yells at people over the phone, and ignoring his dad, who still doesn't know.

He hasn't told any of his friends yet, neither has Jungkook and Jihyun obviously didn't either. The investigation took place immediately, Mr. Randolph was promptly exempted from teaching for the time being, and although Jimin knows it's just because his mother is one of the school's prime donors, the thought still puts him at ease.

"Hey babe," Jungkook greets, rushing into Jimin's room, throwing his backpack on the floor. "How are you?"

"Fine." Jimin answers briefly, not looking up as he flips the page of whatever textbook he's reading, and highlights something on a flash card.

"Min?"

"Mhm?"

Jungkook sighs, grabbing a bean bag and lugs it over to Jimin's desk, plopping down next to him.

"What did you do today?"

"Studied. Tried to argue with Jihyun but the whore just let me finish his fucking Froot Loops and then offered me chocolate milk. Uh, then I tried to get my mom to be mad at me by eating all the leftover kimchi fried rice, but even she  just asked me whether she should make some more. Like, bitch?"

Jungkook blinks. "Why are you trying to argue with everyone?"

"To bring back normalcy!" Jimin retorts. "And cause I feel like being an asshole."

"You do you."

Jimin raises an eyebrow, looking down at Jungkook who's head is about at the same level as Jimin's waist, the tiny beanbag sagging under his weight.

"Anyways, how was school?" Jimin says, feeling the need to divert the conversation away from himself.

"Eh. Same as always. I missed you." Jungkook adds after a pause.

"I'll be back soon, don't worry. It's just my mom who doesn't want me to go back."

"You sure?"

Jimin shrugs. "Yeah, of course."

Jungkook sighs, looking down before he speaks.

"You've been burying yourself in schoolwork recently and you ignore any attempt to direct a conversation toward your wellbeing. I'm worried about you." he states.

"Don't be." Jimin replies defensively. "I'm fine."

Jungkook says nothing, just raises a doubtful eyebrow.

"Look, I'm actually fine. Other people had it much worse. And I don't like thinking about it. I just want to forget it. I want everything to be back to normal, I don't want you, my mom, my brother, or anyone else that knows to treat me so...differently." Jimin starts out, biting down on his lip to avoid tearing up. "I don't want to remember this, so please, just act like you did before, and don't remind me."

Jungkook falls silent, before he slowly nods, reaching for Jimin's hand.

"Okay. I get that. Do you wanna do something, or just study?"

Jimin pauses, thinking about it before he answers.

"Let's cuddle." He decides, a small smile on his face as he watches Jungkook beam, scoop him up and carry him over to the bed.

"Oh my fucking god, be careful!" Jimin protests, thrashing in Jungkook's arms. "Last time you did that you dropped me."

"I know, but in my defense I was high and horny and just wanted to fuck you. Now I'm being careful." Jungkook tells him, gently placing him on the bed.