12

song reccomendation: Cupid's chokehold - gym class heroes

"You know, we haven't really talked about our relationship much.". Jimin says suddenly as they're in his room, Jimin working on an essay and Jungkook making flash cards for their exams. Normally, he wouldn't bother, but Jimin's been pestering him about his study skills for weeks now.

"Mhm.".

"Well... should we?" Jimin asks.

Jungkook sits up, elbows on Jimin's bed, head in his hands.

"So, like, we already agreed we're not doing a whole "OMG we're soulmates relationship"... but like, just to get this clear, we're dating, doing all the couples things, but like, no hard feelings?". Jimin starts.

"Mhm. Dating without catching feelings.".

"Kind of an oxymoron, but yeah.".

Jungkook laughs, leaning closer and pecks his lips.

"Is that all?".

"Not really...".

"Go ahead, we have time. Better to discuss this before one of us leaving with an STD and a broken heart.".

Jimin blinks slowly, then shrugs.

"Good point. Terrible execution, Kook, I never want to hear that again. But, uh, my point is, not to randomly get deep or anything but-".

"Just say it.".

"Okay, so, love, right? It's kind of a lot.".

"Mhm.".

"Okay, okay, I'm gonna have to break this down a little. Like, we like each other for now. It's not some beautiful, crazy love that you could make a movie about but I like kissing you and doing couple shit and uh, my heart kind of-  Yeah, whatever.".

Jungkook laughs.

"No need to be embarrased. Do I make your heart flutter, Jimin?".

Jimin smiles sweetly.

"Aw, go fuck yourself.".

"You know I'll actually do it, right?".

Jimin groans.

"Okay, anyways, as I was saying, I just want to clarify that I'm not planning on getting married or having some kind of rom-com true love relationship. Just, you know memories. It'd be a little hard, too, falling in love, considering that we kind of started dating after hooking up and smoking in your car and pissing off my parents.".

"Mhm. Don't worry, I'm not looking for that kind of relationship, either.".

"Just don't break up with me before prom, or else I won't have a date.". Jimin jokes, and Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll give you the prom experience like in those high school movies or whatever. You're too pretty to graduate high school without a decent relationship.".

"... I appreciate the sentiment?".

"Come on, we both know I'm better than literally everyone you've dated.".

"The bar is on the ground at this point.". Jimin retorts.

"Fair enough.".

Jimin laughs quietly, leaning against Jungkook, who pulls him onto his lap.

"Ugh, biology is getting boring, let's do something else.".

"It's a miracle you're still in school. What did you do, bribe the teachers?".

"It's the sports team privileges that doesn't get me in trouble for skipping school, actually.".

"Jesus. If only I knew it were that easy. I knew I should have bulked up and done football like you and Joon.".

"You wouldn't last a day, Min.".

"Excuse you? I can run, I do track and field.".

"Not the game. The team competitions are the worst. Either you'll end up with a bunch of conservative white private school kids or have to go to all of Brandon Walker's parties and either be hate crimed or asked if you can touch some random frat boy's dick.".

"... Yeah, I'm gonna stick with working my ass off for a medal.".

"Good choice. Jesus, the amount of times I've been asked to fuck a guy to "practice for our future girlfriends" are my 13 reasons why.".

"I- I'm not even going to question it.".

"I'm not even joking.". Jungkook says. "The "manly" sports are the gayest shit ever.".

"You should have told my closeted freshman ass that.".

Jungkook laughs, brushing the hair on Jimin's forehead away.

"Anyways.".

"Yeah?".

"What are you doing this summer? Assuming your parents don't file a restraining order on me.".

"No idea, actually. I was just planning on waiting for college admissions, and, uh, not get killed by my parents? Nothing in mind, really. You?"

"Same.".

"...Are you trying to ask me if we want to spend the summer together?".

Jungkook laughs.

"Basically.".

Jimin shrugs, making himself a little more comfortable on Jungkook's lap.

"Let's do it.".

_____

"Ugh, you should go now.". Jimin says, pushing Jungkook off of him, who's leaning in for another kiss. "Jungkook, it's late-".

"I know, I know. Are your parents home?".

Jimin grimaces, scrunching up his nose.

"Unfortunately.".

"Looks like I'm pissing off conservatives today.". Jungkook says cheerfully. "Walk me down?".

"Of course.".

Jungkook pulls Jimin up, dipping him dramatically as they kiss again, Jimin sliding his hands in Jungkook's hair with a laugh.

"Okay, okay, let's go before we do something stupid."

"Fine."

Jimin grins up at him, both of them in silence as they walk down the stairs, Jimin's arm latched around Jungkook's waist. Jungkook shoots Jimin's father, who's sitting in the living room, a grin, making a show of hoisting Jimin up to kiss him, who does so eagerly.

"See you tomorrow, princess.".

Jimin positively beams, pressing another quick kiss to his cheek.

"We didn't talk as much as I thought we would.". He remarks.

"Well, it's a little hard to have a deep conversation when a specific someone keeps trying to shove his tongue down my throat.".

Jimin rolls his eyes, smacking Jungkook's arm lightly.

"Ugh, get out.".

"Love you too, Minnie.".

"Fuck you.".

"You wish.".

Jungkook laughs, dodging before Jimin can hit him again and leans down to kiss his forehead.

"Fine, fine, I'm going.".

Jimin's father clears his throat from the living room, and Jimin and Jungkook share a look, trying not to laugh.

"See you in a week, Mr. Park!". Jungkook calls, then closes the door before he can get cursed out.