He got out of the car and walked over to my side.

"C'monnn I needa' show you the room."

I was stunned.

I know this was an ok apartment, not ideal. But it'll do for now.

I walked out the car with low expectations.

He walked right past the receptionists. Alright, he has already planned this.

We got in the elevator. I have mixed feelings about this.

"Jimmy, you sure about this?" I asked as he pushed the sixth flour button.

"Yeah. I mean, I've been wanting to get out that trailer park for some time now." He mumbled.

"Nono. What I meant was 'bout us moving in together." I emphasized 'us'.

"I did that with my last girlfriend." He replied as the elevator dinged.

"Cmon." He said. I was hesitant but followed anyways.

He dug into his baggy sweats for the keys.

It was a single key on a key chain.

He opened the door.

I saw a couple boxes. Pretty bare.

"I know, it's not much." He walked further in the apartment and turned around to me. He threw the keys to the apartment on the island in the kitchen.

He sighed and stuck his hands in his pockets.

I looked at him and he shrugged. I smiled at him.

"I love it." I replied and walked over to him, wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're not fucking with me right?" He asked and wrapped his arms around my hips.

I shook my head.

"Mhm." He hummed and pursed his lips together.

I grabbed the top of the folded part of his skull cap and pulled it over his eyes. He stopped pursing his lips together and his lips separated in shock.

"Thanks." I mumbled and he pursed his lips together once more.

I laughed slightly, shook my head, and wiggled out of his grip.

I walked over to the kitchen, it had a small island. I traced the ends of it with my fingertips until I met the corner where the stove was.

"Have you told your mom 'bout this place?" I asked while twirling around to meet his gaze.

"Nah, not sure how I would tell her y'know? Shit, she might even be happy that I'm gone." He replied as he walked over to the kitchen like I did. He stood on the opposite of the island.

I could sense some sadness in his voice. He started to fiddle with the key that hey threw to keep his hands occupied.

"I only got this one because it has two bedrooms." He said while looking down at his hands before stopping and looking dead at me.

"Two– Two? Why?"

"..Uh for liiiiily." He said we a mischievous smile at the end.

"I need to get her out of there, I hope ya don't mind."

"It's all good, Jimmy." I replied.

I walked around the island and stepped close to him again. He left the keys on the island as he saw me walking over.

"Why'd you say thanks earlier?" He whispered while pulling me closer by my hips.

" 'Cuz! You got this place.. for Lily and I." I replied.

"A guy only did that if he wanted to fuck me." I continued, raising my eyebrows at the end.

"Shiiiit, I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll get a hell-of-a better experience here." He replied.

I smiled and pecked him on the lips.

"I'll drop you off tonight, get your shit and I'll pick you up in the morning." He replied hastily letting go of me.

"Alrighty." I replied.

Shit I gotta tell Mo'Nique too.

————

School starts next week for me.. when does your school start?