• I •

B-Rabbit • 1995

"C'mon rip that shit!" Future said to me while putting his hands on my shoulders hyping me up.

I clenched my jaw and walked onto the stage.

"Heads or tails?" Future asked.

"Heads." The guy–I was battling–said.

Future flipped my coin and placed it on his knuckles.

"Tails. Choose." Future asked me. I motioned my head towards my opponent.

"You first." Future said and stepped back to a higher part of the stage.

"Aight DJ set it off, forty-five seconds on the clock. Spin that shit!" Future said and the beat started playing.

"Ima murder this man!" He yelled.

The crowd grew louder.

"He the type to lose a fight with a Dyke, they don't laugh at you 'cus you wack! They laugh at you because you white with a mic!" He yelled. Here comes the white jokes.

"When will this laughin' stop? When you Everlast bitch-ass, get popped!"

"You a bitch that invented rhyme for money, watch Lil' Tic split kick the energizer bunny."

"Rip the rabbit head off toss it to Hugh Hefner, cause I don't play boy! Now tell me who's fresher?"

"You are!" The crowd yelled at Lil' Tic.

"L. T. That's right! Cock the heat and shoot ya."

"I'll punish rabbit or obsolete future!" He yelled. I looked at Future and he was checking his watch.

"My paws love to maul and MC 'cause you faker than a physic with caller I. D."

"So that bullshit save it for storage 'cause this is hip-hop you don't belong, your just a tourist."

"So put your hockey sticks and baseball bat away 'cause this here is detroit sixteen mile road is that away." He finished and started dancing.

The crowed cheered.

"Woah woah, okay okay." Future said.

"Forty-five seconds, very nice you did a very good job lil bitch." Future said and laughed. "My bad, Lil' Tic."

"Alright next up is my boy bunny rabbit!" Future yelled and the crowed just booed.

"Hey y'all can talk all that shit but I can vouch for this motherfucker right here he's a motherfucking genius." Future said

"Dig that shit! forty-five seconds on the clock, Rabbit. DJ kick it." Future said going back to where he was standing.

"Hey, yo.." I mumbled into the microphone. I bobbed my head to the music and put the mic to my mouth.

I looked into the crowd and realized they were all waiting for me to rap.

They started booing me the longer I took.

"Boo! Fuck y'all find this man at?" Someone yelled.

"Come on rabbit!" Cheddar bob yelled.

The whole crowd started. "Choke! Choke! Choke!" Over and over.

Choke! Choke! Choke!

I gave future the mic and walked off stage.

—/

I just walked across the street with my garbage bag full of clothes over my shoulder.

"Yo! Jimmy! hol' up." I heard future yell.

I turned around to face him.

"Man." He started dapping me up. "Don't even worry about dawg, aight?" He said.

I nodded in response.

"I'll call you in the morning. I got to go back inside aight?" He said.

"Stay strong my brother." Iz said to me dapping me up as well.

"You'll rip 'em next time." Sol said to me dapping me also.

"Yeah! Next time." Cheddar bob said.

"Bye rabbit!" I heard cheddar yell. I did a peace sign over my head and continued walking to the bus top.

––
i promise it will get better