• VII •

• Delaney •

"The fuck is he at?" I mumbled. I shook my head and turned on the radio.

I was startled when the passenger seat opened.

"Shit! You scared me." I said and started the car up.

"Yeah sorry about that, had to finish some things." He said, he had this little smile on his face.

"Mhm, yeah sure." I said and pulled out the spot I was parked in.

—/

"This is the place right?" I asked.

"Yeah come with me." He said.

I was confused at first, I hesitantly got out the car.

He walked up to a trailer and this woman handed him a child.

"Hey Lily, did you have fun?" He asked her.

I was in complete awe of how he sweet he was.

"Hey this is my friend Del." Jimmy introduced me to her.

"Hey I'm Del!" I replied.

She waved slightly and rested her head in his shoulder.

"She doesn't take to strangers that well." He replied.

"It's fine." I said.

We were walking to his trailer when this Black SUV pulled up.  The doors opened and it was the Free World.

"Take Lily, go inside and lock the doors.." Jimmy said and handed me Lily.

"What–" I replied before he shoved me slightly.

"Go." He said sternly and pointed towards the trailer.

I sighed and glanced back at the Free World before taking Lily inside with me.

"Hey Lily can I see some of the drawings you've made?" I asked her trying to distract her from what's going to pop off outside.

She handed me a drawing of I'm guessing her and someone else.

"Who's that?" I pointed at the guy next to her and I heard screaming outside.

I looked out the window and Lily got on the couch to see as well.

He was getting kicked in his stomach.

Lily started pounding on the glass.

"Jimmy!" She cried out.

I couldn't look out the window.

"Stop it!!" Lily yelled.

I looked out the window and they had him pinned on the hood of my car.

They pulled him off the car and started kicking him again.

Lotto laid him against the car and Papa Doc put a gun to his face.

I wanted to get out the trailer to bad.

Wink was telling Papa Doc something but I couldn't make it out, but i'm guessing he told Doc to not shoot him.

They were walking back to their car and I ran out of the trailer and kneeled down beside him.

"Jimmy.." I trailed.

"Don't forget to come to the shelter tomorrow night!" One of them yelled.

I bit my tongue and just focused on helping Jimmy.

I helped him get up and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I set him down on the steps and he braced against the railing for support, he clutched his stomach.

"Do you have any ice packs?" I asked softly examining his face.

"Nah, just..just get me a beer.." He replied resting his head against the railing. I walked up the stairs but he grabbed my arm.

"Yo, don't let Lily see me like this." He said and let go of my hand, still facing me.

"Course." I replied and walked inside.

I walked inside and saw Lily laying down on the couch.  She had fallen asleep on the couch.

I looked in the fridge and grabbed two beers. I walked back outside and gave Jimmy one.

I sat down next to him and he popped the cap off flinging it somewhere.

"Why did they jump you?" I asked taking a sip of the beer.

"I caught Wink and Alex having sex and I punched him in the face.." He trailed taking a sip of his drink as well.

"Sorry.." I replied not knowing what to say.

"What are you saying sorry fo?" He looked at me.

"Because..You really had something good going with Alex, and you caught her with wink.." I trailed. "I dunno guess I feel bad or sum." I replied taking another sip of my beer.

He didn't say anything but look down in between his feet.

"I'm going to do that battle on Friday." He blurted out.

"Aye man, that's good I still wanna see you kick their asses." I said.

He chuckled slightly and this blonde woman with a brown bag walked up to us.

"Jesus what happened to you?" She asked him.

"I fell." He replied.

"You fell?" She replied, I could tell in her voice she wasn't convinced.

"I fell." He said more sternly.

"Ok, well, whenever you guys are done chatting I'll be inside making some dinner if you need." She replied squeezing in between us.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm your mother." She said "I want to make you something to eat, what's the big deal with that?" She said, I could tell he was embarrassed.

I smiled and looked at him.

"I think it's 'bout time for me to head home." I admitted getting up from the stairs.

"Aight, don't forget to pick me up tomorrow, we going to check on Cheddar." He reminded.

"Aight." I responded and headed to my car.

————
I fucked up one of the chapters that's mb