Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Mount Quena was the highest mountain peak in Johto and only Pokémon lived there. It was said to have the purest coolest water that you could ever drink, and it's said to have healing properties.

No human had ever set foot on Mount Quena, because dangerous storms happened round Mount Quena every now and again, so it was impossible for humans to set foot there.

Apart from many bug Pokémon living there, the main Pokémon that lived there was a Pokémon called Mewtwo, surrounded by lots of other Pokémon.

Mewtwo was thinking about his past, being created from the DNA of Mew from the scientists of New Island, and then ending up as a slave to Giovanni, head of Team Rocket. After Mewtwo realised that Giovanni was only using for his greed, he escaped from Team Rocket's headquarters and flew back to New Island.

Mewtwo hated humans because of Giovanni and wanted to destroy the world to kill all humans. To carry out his plan, he invited some trainers to New Island to battle him. After defeating the trainers he stole all their Pokémon and cloned them. He intended to destroy the world and have only him and his cloned as the only living lives on Earth.

What made Mewtwo change his mind was a Pokémon trainer named Luna Mew Light.

Luna was one of trainers on New Island, along with Tomo, Brock and Misty, and it was Luna's brave deed that made Mewtwo decide to not destroy the world.

What happened was that Mew arrived on New Island and Mew and Mewtwo began to fight each other. In the process Luna ran between Mew and Mewtwo's attacks to stop them from fighting, because their fighting was hurting both the trainer's Pokémon and the cloned Pokémon.

Mewtwo was surprised that Luna sacrificed her life to save the Pokémon, it made him realise that not all humans were bad and saw the error of his ways.

Mewtwo then took his cloned Pokémon with him to a faraway place where he and his Pokémon could live freely and he had come to Mount Quena, where he knew that no humans could bother him there. But sometimes Mewtwo wondered what he was doing on Earth, since he was a copy from the Legendary Pokémon Mew.

Bad news was that Giovanni, head of Team Rocket, was searching for Mewtwo, Giovanni intended to have Mewtwo under his control again. He wanted to use Mewtwo's power to conquer the world.

When Giovanni's men found Mewtwo's location, Giovanni was pleased and ordered his men to standby for his orders. "You will be under my control again Mewtwo," Giovanni said out loud, "and this time there will be no mercy." Mewtwo had no idea that trouble would be appearing to him soon.

----••----

Meanwhile the gang were walking down the path that was near Mount Quena. "Say Brock, where exactly are we?" Luna asked.

"We are at a valley called Purity Canyon," Brock replied looking at the guide book, "and that mountain we see there is called Mount Quena, the highest peak in all of Johto."

"How do we get past this place?" Misty asked.

"Well it says that it is impossible on foot," Brock replied, "and the only to get across is by the bus that comes across once a month. And it leaves today."

"Oh no," Luna said, "I hope we do catch because I don't want to stay here for a month to wait for the next bus."

The gang ran down the path, hoping they would catch the bus before they left.

Rain started to pour down at that time and it was heavy. When the gang got to the bus stop, they saw a woman there wearing a pink rain coat. "Excuse me, but has the bus that comes here arrived yet?" Luna asked.