Pokémon The Movie 2000: The Power of One!

In the Orange Islands there is a legend that goes:

Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice or lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash.

Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to luna.

O Chosen One, into thine hands bring together all three.

Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea.

This legend was dedicated to the three Legendary Birds of the Orange Islands; Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno, and it says that if the harmony of these three birds was to ever break apart, the world would be in total chaos.

High in the sky, in some sort of flying ship, a man was reading the description of the legend. His name was Lawrence and he was a collector. He traveled all around the world collecting very valuable artifacts, and now it was after something more valuable than all his collections put together. "Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno," Lawrence said, "they will be perfect for my collection."

Lawrence had a computer that could talk and right now it was explaining that Moltres lived on Fire Island, Zapdos lived on Lightning Island and Articuno lived on Ice Island.

"Which island is closest?" Lawrence asked his computer.

Fire Island, the home of Moltres. The computer answered.

"Then I shall catch Moltres first." Lawrence decided.

Lawrence got his flying ship ready to catch Moltres. His ship was only equipped with machines like giant propellers that made it fly, but it was also equipped with weapons like cannons.

When he approached Fire Island, he fired great big balls of ice from his cannons at Fire Island.

After Fire Island got covered in ice, Moltres appeared.

Moltres was angry with what had happened to his island and started to attack Lawrence's ship with flamethrower.

First Lawrence blasted balls of ice to weaken Moltres, and then he used four big metallic, electrical rings to capture Moltres.

Moltres was soon caught and sent into Lawrence's ship. "This is like a simple game of chess," Lawrence smile after his successful capture of Moltres, "I will catch Zapdos next, then Articuno and then I will obtain the beast of the sea, Lugia."

Because of Moltres's capture, trouble was going to happen to the whole world.

------•••-------

Meanwhile Luna and the gang were out at sea, on a boat.

The weather was gorgeous and no sign of trouble was heading their way.

"What a great day." Luna said stretching her arms.

"I agree," said Misty, "the weather today is gorgeous."

"Hey I have an idea," said Tracey, "let's bring out our Pokémon to enjoy the weather as well."

Misty liked that idea, and asked the owner of the boat, Maren, if they could do that. "Of course," Maren said, "we won't be on the next island for a while, so all of you can just relax."

Luna sent out Lapras, Espeon, Dragonair, Flareon and Delcatty.

Misty sent out Gloom, Staryu, Poliwags and Psyduck.

Tomo sent out Farfetch'd, Pikachu and Cubone.

Tracey sent out Marill, Venonat and Scyther.

All the Pokémon were relaxing, except Luna's Pichu, Pikachu and Tomo's Growlithe.