Part 53: Unshaken

The family sat in the living room of Arthur's home, Cloud sitting on the floor next to Armin who sat with Logan while Arthur and Levi sat on the couch across from them.

"So... you're saying that you and me, we were created by the marlians? To kill the Titans in some war over a hundred years ago?" Arthur asked, leaning back in the couch causing Logan to nod.

"And you're sure you can trust this person?" Levi asked out, Logan nodding once again.

"I trust em, they didn't lie. Our people, after they helped win the war... Marley slaughtered them and their families. The only ones who survived, well..." Logan spoke stopping himself as he got lost in thought.

"Well? Well what?" Armin asked as Logan thought back to Issac's words, to how he had said them.

"The ones that survived were among the highest ranking members of the fritz kingdom, like, next in line high." Logan said, looking up at Arthur as he realized what that had meant.

"So you're telling me..."

"You're the true king of Eldia, Arthur. Historia is a valid queen, but if we're looking at it, family wise... you're the heir." Logan spoke causing Arthur to let out a small 'huh' as he fell backwards into the couch.

"Well, that's- That's alot..." Arthur muttered as he looked to Levi who was lost in his own thoughts.

"When I uh, when I was in Marley. I met the shifters over there. We came up with a plan." Logan spoke, bracing himself for the responses to him planning with the enemy.

"I- I suppose we're gonna need all the help we can get, if Eren truly plans to, ya know-" Armin spoke, not being able to bring himself to talk about his best friends plan.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow, I refuse to believe that he wants that." Logan sighed as he leaned back in his seat as Armin sighed, nodding as he leaned against the boy.

"Everyone's meeting tomorrow night, to uh, discuss what our plans were for your funeral actually. So I guess it'll be a nice surprise for everyone." Armin mumbled causing Logan to slightly smile and nod, looking back to the two older men in the room.

"Thank you guys so much for taking care of these two... It means more than you could ever know." Logan said causing Arthur to scoff and shake his head.

"Please, they're family." Arthur yawned as he threw his arm over Levi's shoulders as he smirked at him.

"Looks like you're gonna have to call me King Arthur then, huh shortstuff?" Arthur teased earning a backfist into his chest by Levi.

"I'd rather walk through glass." Levi retorted as Arthur rubbed his chest with an annoyed look on his face.

"I think I could charge you with treason for hitting me..." Arthur mumbled causing Armin to stifle a chuckle as he yawned.

"Well, looks like we all have a big day tomorrow, We should all get some sleep." Levi muttered as he stood up, walking across the room and patting Armin on the arm before setting his sights on Logan.

"You know, we had this conversation last time." Levi muttered as he put his hand on Logan's head, ruffling his hair.

"Yeah, I know... Won't happen again, old man." Logan mumbled, a smile on his face as he looked up at Levi who wore a tired smile.

"God, Hange's gonna flip when they hear you're back... driving me up a fucking wall checking on me." Levi muttered before walking over to Cloud who was barely awake.

"Guess you get to go home, kiddo." Levi muttered as he patted the boy on the side of the face. Cloud smiled at the man, seeing that he clearly didn't want him to go yet. While he loved having Logan back, he thoroughly enjoyed having Cloud with them. In all honesty, the boy had reminded him of Logan at a young age, of a simpler time, where his friends were still alive.

"Why don't you just stay here tonight, we'll come getcha tomorrow." Logan said, smiling at the two causing Cloud to nod, pushing himself off the ground and wrapping his arms around his father before doing the same to his other dad. Logan quickly walked to his older brother, wrapping him in another hug.

"I missed ya, cowboy." Logan muttered as Arthur wrapped his arms around his brother with a small smile on his face.

"After all this mess is over, we're going on vacation. Maybe we'll go see the world, considering it's bigger than we ever thought." Arthur said causing Logan to nod, hiding his face in his older brothers shoulder while Arthur grimaced at his own words.

Both men knew that in all reality, there was a very slim chance both of them would make it out of the war that was coming, but that didn't matter to them. With Logan's newfound view of his sickness and Arthur's normal mentality, it would be an honor for both of them to fight next to each other to the end.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Logan's eyes opened, staring at a familiar ceiling that he hadn't seen in a long time, too long of a time. He smiled to himself as he knew where he was, even if it wasn't real, it was still a comforting feeling.

"There he is..." A familiar voice spoke out causing Logan to smile more, slightly turning his head to find the old commander of the scouts, sitting down at a table in the room, a book in his hands. Logan noticed that Erwin looked, healthier, happier where he was now.

"You got your arm back." Logan said, teasing the commander who chuckled and reached across his chest, feeling his returned arm.

"Yes, yes I did." Erwin chuckled before he closed his book and placed it on the table. He stood up and brought the chair closer to the bed, sitting closer to the boy.

"How's everyone? Levi still being a hardass on ya?" Erwin asked causing Logan to chuckle, sitting up in the bed.

"No, not really... He's actually softened up since my son came along. Who could've thought that a kid could have such an affect on the man?" Logan asked as he shook his head.

"I could've told you that. I mean, I watched his whole life change when you came along all those years ago. You gave him a reason to live, made him a better man. You made both of us better men." Erwin sighed, folding his arms over his chest as he thought of the different monstrous choices he'd made over the years.

"You were right, Erwin. About humanity outside of the walls? You were right about all of it." Logan said, placing his hand on Erwin's knee. Erwin smiled as he let out a breath of relief, feeling as if with those words, his choices were good for something.

"Erwin...?" Logan asked out, his tone of voice changing as he looked out of the window in the room. Erwin looked up and let out a small 'hmph' telling the man to go on.

"Can uh, can you see the future? My future?" Logan sighed, looking back at the man with uncertainty, confusion and worry all wrapped into his face. Erwin sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

"I'm afraid I can't, all I know is you're on a path and you're doing what you're supposed to be doing." Erwin said causing Logan to slightly cringe and shake his head, stifling a cough.

"I think my path... it's coming to an end." Logan said, his voice still somewhat broken. But after his talks with Pieck, he realized that death was nothing to be scared of, he was more so afraid for his family. Erwin nodded, leaning forward and patting the man on the leg.

"I know son, I know... but I know you will face your destiny like a warrior. Because that's what you are, Logan. You've been a warrior, a fighter, since we found you. But while you're still there, live your life your way, spend time with your family, make sure they know that you love them... We'll be waiting for you when it's your time." Erwin assured causing Logan to nod, a small smile on his face.

"Thank you, Erwin."