Part 31: A Brothers Duty

Logan took a bite of the bread he carried into the meeting, slightly narrowing his eyes at the strange syringe that was given to Levi. While Pixas and Zackly were joining them later on, currently it was only the three captains of the scouts, Hange and Erwin sitting in the room.

"So... I heard you had an incident at Historia's orphanage yesterday." Erwin stated at Logan causing the boy to break his stare from the syringe. He looked up with light anxiety, not wanting to relive the memories again.

"Yeah... Turns out, there's a good chance I'm some sort of mixture of my people and a titan shifter. Some freak I am huh?" Logan scoffed causing Levi to smack him in the back of the head.

"You're not a freak, brat. You're the same person you've been this whole time." Levi grumbled causing Logan to role his eyes, of course Levi would say that.

"Well, it would explain a lot... The steam that appears when you're healing, it matches up with Eren's. I don't know how we didn't put it together before." Hange mumbled causing Erwin to shrug, looking at the boy with a slightly sad look on his face.

"Are you going to be okay? We need you in Shiganshina." Erwin stated causing Logan to nod, adamant that he wouldn't let his friends march into that town without him.

"Well, we should probably test your ability before we go. Arthur, you got any ideas?" Hange asked the man who had been silent up until now, He looked up at his brother with squinted eyes.

"Sure... Just have him turn into a titan yeah?" Arthur stated causing Logan to shrug as the door opened, the other two commanders of the military walking in.

"Ah, you're all here. Good. Sorry I'm late." Zackly said causing Erwin to nod as Hange began to explain the needle sitting on the table to the two newcomers.

"In that case... Rather than tamper with it. We should use it to help our mission." Pixas said causing Logan to nod, agreeing with the man.

"And who should we entrust with this responsibility? You Erwin?" Zackly asked causing Erwin to make a face, grasping the sleeve where his other arm would've been.

"No... it wouldn't be any good with my injury. It should be in the hands of one of our elite." Erwin said looking up to the three captains all standing together by the windows. Logan and Arthur both looked to the man in between them, Levi standing there.

"This box belongs with one of our elite soldiers who has the best odds of survival. Levi, would you keep it?" Erwin asked the man who he trusted the most. Levi scoffed before looking to Logan who shrugged, agreeing with the commander.

"If it's an order, just say so. Why even ask the question?" Levi asked causing Logan to narrow his eyes at the captain, looking over to his brother who shrugged, not knowing why the man was acting especially hostile today.

"We can't predict in what situation we'll have to use this. We'll be relying on you to make a decision on the fly. Judging when and who to use it on will be for you to choose. Can we leave that to you?" Erwin questioned causing Levi to narrow his eyes at the commander.

"If this dream of yours comes true, what will you do then?" Levi asked causing Erwin's eyes to slightly widen. Levi and Logan both knew what dream he was referring too, was Erwin still willing to die, to sacrifice them all for that dream?

"I... I don't know. I won't until it happens." Erwin said causing Levi to sigh and nod, taking the syringe from the table.

"Alright, I'll do it." Levi said causing Logan to slightly smile, happy that the man he trusted the most would be the one to make such a big decision. Whatever it would be, he'd support him, he'd always support Levi, no matter what.