episode eight (8)

Zahra's POV

After we came from the hospital. I ran directly to my room to freshen up. I took bath, prayed, do all necessary duas and went on to take a nap. I released myself on the bed ready to do the most amazing thing in the whole world which Is 'sleep'. Suddenly I heard my phone buzzed. I switched it on, opened the message and checked on my notifications. Opening the inbox, I saw five messages from an unknown number. I waited for seconds and started replying.

"Who are you? And when can I have my book?"-Zahra

Waiting for the reply

"I'm sorry to disturb. Your cousin gave me your contact to return the book. She said you needed it."-Yasir

"It's ok, sorry I freak out. I'm not used to strangers texting"-zahra

Typing back

"It's ok. So when can I give you your book? I can drop it at your home if you want?"-Yasir

"Sure, I will tell my brother to wait for you at the front yard." I replied and switched my phone off.

"Za the twin are fighting again" Abdul hamid informed from the living room. I hurriedly ran downstairs holding my phone. As I took my last steps on the stairs, I saw samira and Amir in a hard combat. "What the heck are you guys doing?" I exclaimed with an angry tone. "I said stop it!" I shouted the hell out of me. They leave each other and samira ran upstairs crying. Well I know they're afraid of shouting that's the reason I did it. My siblings are too much. They were really getting on my nerves to be frank enough.

Alhamdullilah! with all the shouts and yells everything is good. I feel sorry for them but what can I do? They always fight and yell and I hate lousiness. So I had to show them the other side of me.

"What are you looking at huh? You better go comfort your sister. I know you were responsible so don't even try to utter a single word," pointing a finger at him, I yelled with all my strength. He ran upstairs and I heard him locked his room. I gazed at the clock and it reads 12:00pm.

"Abdul Hamid," he turned staring at me with full attention.
"I understand the kind of a big brother you're," I said truthfully. Without waiting for his response I walked slowly to the kitchen. I took all the utensils I needed, wear apron and started cooking.

***

"Boys! Samira! Lunch is ready," I hollered at my siblings for lunch. Since mom was not around I needed to cook. Don't get me wrong, not that my siblings can't cook for themselves but I volunteered to do it. And after all I'm the eldest daughter of the Abdullah's. So I had to do my responsibilities Since samira was too young to handle the kitchen. I took the foods that I had prepared, placed everything on the dining table, sat and wait for them to come.

Five minutes later they all sat to their various seats. I served them their foods and we all started eating. We the Abdullah's love our food you know. "Uhmm" I cleared my throat. Abdul Hamid gazed at me curiously.

"Samira what happened between you and Amir?" I asked. Samira looked at me with a pout crossing her hands on her chest.
"He called me skinny and I told him several times that I hate it but he didn't listen," she explained everything in one breath. I nodded my head and gave her the 'go on' look.
"I thought he was my best friend but I was wrong. He always mocked me even when I told him I didn't like it. And jamal! Zahra shout at me as if I was the one responsible for everything. I'm very sad right now. If mom was here I wouldn't feel this way," she exclaimed spilling everything out. She groaned and continued eating. To say that I didn't feel bad for her would be an understatement.

"Amir why don't you go and tell your sister sorry," Jamal said gently. Amir turned to her with guilt written all over his face.
"I'm sorry sami. I didn't know you would be this angry. I wouldn't do it again in shaa Allah, you're my friend ok," he apologised sincerely.

married at 16जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें