"You knocked up a whore?" He chuckles. "Let me guess, he killed her. Big deal son. You're young. You will have other babies." He waves it off like it's nothing.

I approach him out of anger and he draws his gun out pointing it at my head. "Don't try anything stupid son. You may be the heir, but I am still the leader of this mafia."

"Kill me and you won't have an heir." I say back. "I don't listen to you anymore. I'm close to finding Leo. And when I do, I will spill his blood and send his bodies parts to every single one of his family members." I smirk. "Including you." I start walking out of the room before my mother grabs my arm.

"You're going to be a father?" She says oh so quickly. Almost a whisper.

I tear threatens to fall but I shake it off and start walking out but not before saying, "Was."
—-
Sitting next to Mia's unconscious figure, I stroke her head and start telling her about my day. The doctor said that if I speak to her everyday that she might wake up. I have been doing this for nearly a month. Just talking to her about anything. I would sometimes rub her belly and just keep my hand there.

"My mother looked so crushed when she found out what happened. I wanted to kill my father for not caring. For calling you a whore." I wince at the memory and clench my fists together to try to control my anger.

"I wish you would wake up, amore. I want you by my side." I'm just looking at her now. She's still so beautiful. She's been hurt for so long and she's kept it all to herself. I lean in to whisper in her ear. "I want you by my side and spill blood with me. Please just wake up." I pull back and press my lips to hers. I'm gentle but I don't pull back. I close my eyes and just try to savor every little thing of her.

My eyes shoot back when I feel her kissing me back. I pull back to see her eyes fluttering open.

"Elias?" She huskily asks when she sees me.

I don't answer her. I just kiss her again and again and again.

She groans and I try to pull back because I think might be hurting her, but she brings her hand to the back of my neck and keeps me from moving as she deepens the kiss. She moans and I plunge my tongue in her mouth, trying to find hers. My cock is hardening but now is not the time.

Once I pull away, we're both panting. I press my forehead against hers. "You're awake. Fuck, you're finally awake." I'm so happy that I don't care to try to hide my smile.

"How long have I been out for?" She groggily asks. I answer with. "Almost a month."

Her eyes go wide and her mouth drops.

"A month?"

I nod.

She looks away and sighs.

I have to tell her about the baby but I don't know how. I just got her back and I'm afraid that if I tell her that she was pregnant that it will break her and she'd leave. I don't want her to leave but I also don't want to hide this from her. I take a deep breath and sit down at the end of the bed and grab her hand.

Mia—"

"I know." She cuts me off.

"What?"

She turns to face me and continues, "I know I'm pregnant. They tried to kill it." He blinks a few times before looking down. "They beat me and starved me. Th-they stuck something in my neck and everything went black." She starts shaking and I pull her into me and hold her tight.

"Is it okay?" She sniffs.

Fuck.

When I don't respond right away she lifts her head up and looks at me.