Chapter 26

***ELIAS WOLFE'S POV***

I'm sitting in the living room of my childhood home. I'm still in Italy and my father has asked to speak with me. I have been avoiding him ever since the Leo ordeal. I still haven't found him yet. It's been almost a month and he is no where to be found.

Hearing the creak of the floorboards behind me, I turn to find my mom stopped short by the kitchen doors.

"Elias?" She whispers bringing her hands to her mouth.

I sit up and start walking towards her. "It's me mamma."

She rushes to meet me halfway and throws her arms over me in a tight hug.

"Mio Dio!" (My God!) she cries. "My figlio has come back to me." She pulls away and brings her hands to my face.

I smile at her and hold her hands to my face. "I've missed you mamma." She smiles wide with tears falling down her face, but her smile slowly falls when she realizes why I'm here. "What's happened?"

I sigh and step away from her touch. She looks hurt by the action.

"I have come to see father. I have matters to speak to him about." I state. She just looks down and nods.

"I shall get him for you." She walks away to retrieve him.

I sit back down on the couch and place my hands over my face and sigh loudly.

My mother is a kind woman and my father is a cruel man. I do believe that he loves her dearly, but I still worry that she isn't treated right sometimes and I feel terrible everyday for leaving. But I had to get out. I never wanted this life. Now here I am, asking my father for something I hope he can help me with. Hopefully this something I tell him will bring us together. Hopefully.

Loud footsteps grab my attention and I quickly sit up and turn to see my father walking into the living room.

"Elias."

I shift from my left to right foot and clear my throat. "Father."

"What do I have the honor of your presence after avoiding me for weeks." He comes to sit down on the chair across from the couch.

I sit back down and just stare at him.

My father is a pretty good looking man in his fifties. He has short salt and pepper hair with a matching beard. His body is told and built from years of training. He has wrinkles around his eyes but you don't see them because you're too entranced in his bright green eyes. Right now he's wearing a dark blue tailored suit like he's about to leave for a meeting.

He waves his hand at me. "Well..." He urges me to speak. "What is the meaning of your visit?"

"I have found some very interesting information about Antonia and Luis Romano." I state and sit back in my chair and get comfortable.

He seems intrigued. "Interesting how?"

"It appears that they are working with Leonardo Gonzalez. My men have been trying to track Leonardo for weeks after he nearly destroyed something of mine. Instead of finding any information about his whereabouts, I discovered Luis and Antonia being in contact with him." I continue going on about all the other information I found and I slowly see my fathers features grow angry.

"So, I'm assuming that you wish not to marry Antonia anymore?" He states clenching his right fist.

I snarl. "I never wanted to marry her. Now I have a reason to kill her." I smile.

"You will do no such thing!" He stands up and fixes his suit.

"The fuck you mean I'll do no such thing!" I shout standing up too. "She and her brother are working with the family who has been trying to take us down for years. She and her brother are working with the man who killed my child!" I raise my voice an octave and I hear a gasp and a crash from behind me. I turn to see my mother again with glass shattered around her feet. I turn back to my father to see a blank expression on his face.