Chappy 14

hi! the day of uploading this was my birthday :) and i decided to update for yall bcz i think yall r so genuinely amazing for getting my story up to 50k reads while i was gone, so yeah! also read till the very end for a proposition/surprise? have fun and dont forget to vote and follow me! <3

~~

True to what you told Hajime, you did sleep that night, for longer than usual.

Like always, the light shone through your semi open blinds, waking you up easily as you stretched your barely sore arms. You rubbed you eye before turning to the clock, showing that you woke up with a good chunk of time before the breakfast meeting. You discarded your bed covers and got up to get dressed.

Just as you finished getting ready for the day, you could hear faint commotion outside your cabin. Not directly outside, but still outside.

Peeking out from the blinds on your cabin, you saw two figures arguing outside.

"It's... Hajime and Fuyuhiko..." You thought, sourly. "What bullshit is Fuyuhiko starting this early in the morning with Hajime?"

You heard Fuyuhiko angrily yell at Hajime to leave him alone, something about 'going back to his cottage'.

"But, wouldn't that imply that he's already left his cottage...?"

Fuyuhiko turned, but something Hajime said made him stop. His stop made you notice one thing; a manilla envelope Fuyuhiko held in his hand.

Fuyuhiko turned around angrily, his expression becoming almost murderous, fists clenching and his face becoming red. While the conversation was far away from you, Fuyuhiko was loud enough so that you could barely hear him, "you gonna' tie me up like Nagito!?" he said.

Like Nagito, your lucky streak must've run out, because Fuyuhiko looked over and managed ti find you peeking out of your window. Embarrassed, you quickly closed your blinds and leaned away from the window.

"Huh, now look at that, your little fuck buddy managed to hear us." Fuyuhiko spat. "Do you feel good about yourself? Or, was that your guys' plan all along? Make me this fucking annoyed so early! God!!" Fuyuhiko kept yelling.

"...Fuck buddy?"

"Stay the hell away from me today, Hajime. I don't want to see you or her at all today, you get that? If I see either one of you, I'll fucking murder your asses." He growled, before you (faintly) heard steps walking away.

"...Who the heck is my 'fuck buddy'..."

You stifled a chuckle, deciding maybe this would be a good time to exit and meet Hajime outside.

Carefully stepping outside your cottage and closing the door behind you, you walked up to Hajime, seeing his expression lighten at the sight of you.

"(F/N), good morning." He smiled, shyly putting his hands in his pockets.

"'Morning, Hajime." You took a small breathe, choosing your next words carefully. "So... Fuyuhiko..."

"...Huh?" Hajime questioned, before it looked like a lightbulb went off in his brain. "O-Oh! Th-That, well-" Hajime's face was a light pink as he kept stammering trying to think of an excuse for something.

Well, until it occurred to you too.

"Oh, I'm not worried about the whole...fuck buddy thing...!" You said. "Th-That's not- what I'm really wondering about was, uhm, uh, the..." You snapped your fingers in concentration, "the, the, the... the envelope! Yeah, the envelope he had! You saw it too, right?" You asked, trying to redirect your conversation away from both your embarrassing thoughts.