Chapter 7: Promises & Doubts

Zacznij od początku

"Spunky, let's watch the clouds today at lunch," Shikamaru added, "I want to cash in the favor."

"Ha! That's not how favors work, I cash in the favor when I want, not you, pineapple head." (Y/N) said.

"Must you make this difficult?" Shikamaru exasperated.

"Yes, I shall."

"Ugh, whatever. See you in Math."

Time Skip - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was finally lunch time. With courage, (Y/N) walked over to Shikamaru's desk.

"Hey, um, wanna watch the clouds together?" (Y/N) said carefully.

Shikamaru smirked, "Sure, if you officially state that this is the favor you want to cash in"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, smiling. Although she originally planned to hang out with him again, hopefully one-on-one this time, she felt content with simple cloud-watching.

"Okay."

"Sounds good, let's take our stuff-

Shikamaru's phone chimed. He glanced at it then sighed.

"Sorry (Y/N), Choji asked me to hang with him. I mean you can come with me, if you want."

"Um, no that's alright, I'll just hang back." (Y/N) assured.

"Maybe next week?"

"Can't wait."

Shikamaru scurried off, leaving (Y/N) to herself. She sadly walked off to her desk. She rummaged through her school bag and pulled out her earbuds.

'I really wanted to watch the clouds...'

(Y/N) sighed. She felt disappointed but couldn't be too mad at it. She texted TenTen, asking her about when they would hangout. She waited a few moments. TenTen texted her back, telling her that she would be free Sunday.

'The same day that Shikamaru and Temari go on their date...'

(Y/N) shakes her head, mumbling, "No, I can't think about that, I should think about having fun with TenTen."

(Y/N) texted her back, confirming their hangout on Sunday. She put her phone away and started walking out of the classroom to get food from the vending machine.

Time Skip - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just as promised, Temari waited for (Y/N) outside of school with her car.

"Get in loser we're going shopping!" Temari quickly followed, "I've always wanted to say that."

(Y/N) laughed, she thought that it probably wouldn't be too bad to hang out with Temari. If she could only forget the true reason why Temari invited her in the first place, it would be fine. She entered the passenger seat.

Even though Temari seemed as eccentric as (Y/N), she was different from her. (Y/N) always thought that they would be very similar. Of course they knew each other, and were sort of friends, but this interaction revealed that Temari was actually very lowkey. Maybe that was why Shikamaru was drawn to her. Temari wasn't as spunky as (Y/N)... He would never be interested in-

"So what do you think?" Temari interrupted.

"Eh? I'm sorry Temari-chan, I wasn't listening." (Y/N) apologized.

"I just meant to tell you where Shikamaru is taking me, he's taking me out to dinner." Temari said, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Oh, yeah?"