23: going to the beach

"Wet for me already?", he asked laughing when he spotted your drenched shirt.

"Ha ha, very funny. No, I just spilled milk on my top", you said rolling your eyes, "by the way breakfast is ready."

He still laughed at his own stupid joke as he put the hammer away and followed you into the kitchen.

"Speaking of... what does your mum think about all this?", he asked sitting down at the table with you.

"Hm, at first she was quite stunned because she didn't see this happening in a million years after she witnessed one of our fights a year ago", you told him.

He smiled bitterly when he thought back to that time. Your mum had burst in during one of your worst fights. And it was a good thing she did.

You weren't sure if Jungkook and you would be sitting here right now if she hadn't.

"And she was a little sceptical about the way we want to fix our relationship, with moving in and all but in general she's happy we're talking again", you explained to him.

"So she supports us?", he asked shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth while he kept regarding you with attentive eyes.

"Yes, this time she does", you answered feeling quite at ease when you said those words. Maybe this was a sign.

"That's good", he said nodding.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?", he asked right after.

"To James", you replied watching how his expression immediately changed.

He furrowed his eyebrows and scrunched his nose slightly.

"What did he want?", he questioned a little tense.

"Do you have any plans today?", you asked back smiling sheepishly.

"No", he denied eyeing you suspiciously.

"Then we're going to the beach today!", you called out happily and clapped your hands.

"We are?", he asked lifting his eyebrows unconvinced.

"Yes! James invited us to a beach party and we can combine it with a date on the beach", you suggested fluttering your eyes at him.

"Who's throwing the party?", he kept asking further.

"James' friends from college, I think", you answered shrugging, "he told me to bring you too. Pleeeeeaaaase, I'd love to go to the beach today."

"Of course, babe", he said giving you a sweet smile, "but James is not going to see you in a bikini."

You huffed rolling your eyes.

"Seriously, what's your problem with him? I rejected him. He's my friend and he knows there's nothing more", you said finishing your breakfast.

"You introduced me to him as 'your best friend' at the airport although I'm your fiancé", he answered grumpily.

You licked your lips and stared at him in awe. You tried to control your facial expression and not to smile like an idiot.

"Can you say that again?", you asked timidly.

"What?", he asked back confused.

"That you're my fiancé", you repeated his exact words and blushed.

He smirked cupping your cheek in his hand and brought his face close to yours.

"I am your fiancé", he repeated after you stressing every single word individually and coming even closer until his lips were brushing yours.

"That sounds too good to be true", you whispered leaning your forehead against his and smiled.

"But it is true", he said and then kissed your lips tenderly, "and it's just right this way."

"But...", he started in a low voice pulling away just a tad, "you know that a date on the beach is not the only thing on the list that has something to do with the beach?"

You bit your lip and lowered your head a little while nodding. He placed his index finger under your chin and lifted your head up again.

"Good", he praised you and pressed his lips on yours before he pulled away again, "then let's get ready."

Half an hour later you sat in his car and were on your way to the beach. It was a sunny and hot day so you had rolled down the windows and let the warm summer air mess up your hair.

He had put on a loose button-up shirt and already wore his swimming trunks. His sleeves were rolled up and sunglasses were resting on the bridge of his nose while he focused on the street.

You had put on the wine red bikini with the strings that he loved so much on you and wore one of his old light blue shirts that you had found in the back of his wardrobe.

You could have sworn he was very close to grab you, throw you respectfully on the bed and eat you out.

You could tell by the way his eyes had travelled up your bare thighs and along your collarbones which were exposed because you had opened the first two buttons of the shirt.

You assumed he pulled himself together because he knew he'd get some later.

However, he made sure you knew what you were in for by placing his hand on your thigh, skin on skin, making your core tingle.

You smiled and leaned out of the window feeling the wind play with your hair and caress your face. The sun was warming your skin and all you could do was smile fondly as you waved your hand in the airstream bringing back old memories.

"We're here", Jungkook informed you when he pulled up on a parking area right next to a beautiful, long golden beach.

The water was glittering in the sun on the horizon and small waves were rolling calmly ashore.

"Ouuh, I'm so excited!", you said grabbing your beach bag and jumped out of the car.

You kicked off your shoes, picked them up and ran on the beach feeling the soft sand underneath your feet.

You dropped your things, quickly pulled your shirt over your head and approached the sea. You giggled overwhelmed when the water washed around your feet.

The water was lukewarm, just right. You walked further deeper into the water and flinched a little when you felt a pair of strong arms wrap around your waist.

"You look so gorgeous, babe", he murmured brushing his lips over your ear while he pulled you close to his body, "don't run around by yourself looking this good."

"My overprotective fiancé", you sighed but smiled when he started kissing your neck.