Snow Sticking

Cleo's POV

Cleo's POV

We gathered all the witnesses and the majority of them drink human blood. They agreed not to hunt in the area. But it's hard to be around them and no kill them. So I stayed with the pack while Jake stayed with Renesmee. Alice and Jasper disappeared. Left a letter saying the Volturi wold arrive when the snow sticks.

Which will be any day now. We had Christmas as a family. But now it's back to waiting. I'm training three newbies when I smell two new vampires. "Whoever they are, they weren't invited" I tell the boys. We shift and take off after the rogue vampires.

It's two men and they jumping through the trees. I growl up at them. The newbies ram into me and I snap at them. As the vampires jump down onto a boulder. I snarl at them as the Cullens appear. "Vladimir, Stefan. You're a long way from home" Carlisle says. I relax slightly but still glare at the vampires.

"What are they doing here?" Kate asks.

"We heard of the Volturi were moving against you, but that you would not stand alone" the blonde states. With a Romanian accent.

"We didn't do what we were accused of" Carlisle tells him.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle" he states smirking.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged" the other states.

"It is not our plan to fight the Volturi" Carlisle tells them.

"Shame, Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed" the blonde says.

"They enjoy a good fight" the other states.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asks.

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen?" the blonde asks. They all return to the house. The pups and I go back on patrol staying in wolf form. They apologize for running into me. I told them not to worry about it. I soon get a message from Jake saying we'd fight the Volturi if needed and to tell Sam. So that's what I did.

(Time skip)

I exit the forest with the other wolves and we go stand by the Cullens and their witnesses. Jake stands next to Bella and her family. I stay with the Black pack glaring at the Volturi. "Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner" Carlisle says.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place given the battalion you've assembled against us" Aro says.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken" Carlilse assures him.

"We see the child, do not treat us as fools" a blonde beside Aro says. I snarl glaring at him.

"She is not an immortal! These witnesses can attest to that. You can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" Carlisle tells them.

"Artifice" the blonde says.

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your new-born mate, I assume you are involved" Aro says. Edward kisses Bella's check and pats Renesmee's head before going over to Aro. Giving him his hand. "I'd like to meet her" he says.