However, when she heard the yell going away, she was held to jump out of the rockery by Feng Yuran and taken to the backyard wall. She looked up and saw that there was a faint light in the distance and heard the shouting of the crowd, but it was different from the direction she and Feng Yuran were heading to. She realized that it was Feng Yuran's diversionary strategy.

The wind whistled in her ears. Mo Xuetong did not dare to think of anything else and she only snuggled tightly in Feng Yuran's embrace.

As expected, Feng Yuran had really gotten the ancestral root of the Yuxiao Flower, which was deeply hidden by the Lan family. In fact, he came at a good time. Because of Bai Yihao's departure, the Lan family let down their guard. He appeared at their weakest point of defense. Feng Yuran had his people watch here all the time. With a swift strike, he got what he wanted and then left. The Lan family could not catch up with him even if they wanted to.

Feng Yuran did not wait for Bai Yihao to return. In the end, he left a letter in Bai Yihao's study and then brought Mo Xuetong back to the Qin Kingdom. The Lan family had also known that their ancestral root was missing and followed him all the way. At the intersection to the Qin Kingdom, Qin Yufeng sent someone to stop them and come to Feng Yuran's aid. Qin Yufeng was now an official at the border of the Yan Kingdom. Feng Yuran and the others rested for a while before heading to the capital.

The capital was in chaos because Feng Yuran had sneaked away. Emperor Zongwen sent someone to quickly chase Feng Yuran back to the capital. Mo Xuetong naturally followed him back.

The two returned to King Xuan's Manor together. After a while, Feng Yuran left Mo Xuetong to rest in the manor and he took advantage of the night to enter the palace to discuss matters with the Emperor. It was late when he returned to the manor. Furthermore, it was the same every day in the next few days. On the surface, Consort Xuan was seriously ill and King Xuan had no intention of dealing with politics.

What happened next was abrupt and dramatic.

Imperial Noble Consort Wen's case was dug out. It turned out that King Yan, Feng Yulei, was her son. The Empress took out the evidence she searched. The evidence was as solid as a mountain, making the whole court in an uproar. With such a vicious mother, King Yan was badly discredited. Imperial Noble Consort Wen hung herself in the palace. King Yan was forced to take the risk and rebel with Mingguo Manor and some people from Ding General Manor. He wanted to use the people arranged by Imperial Noble Consort Wen back then to force the Emperor to abdicate.

The palace was in chaos. Emperor Zongwen was ill in Qianqing Palace because of anger. The Empress Dowager was frightened and died in Cining Palace. King Ning was almost killed. King Yan's people caught the Empress and strangled her to death in Tianfeng Palace to avenge Imperial Noble Consort Wen. Consort Zhao, Consort Yu, and the others in the palace were all beheaded. Blood flowed like a river.

Fortunately, King Chu and Ding General Manor had settled the chaos. King Yan had been defeated; his title had been stripped; and he would be imprisoned for the rest of his life.

Mingguo Manor was seized and all the family members were executed.

Ding General Manor took part first in the rebellion and then in putting it down. Their fault outweighed their merit. The hereditary duke's manor was degraded to an earl's manor. After this battle, Ding Earl Manor was in civil strife. Some of the rebels fled from the Qin Kingdom and went straight to the Yan Kingdom; they wanted to seek refuge with Yan Empress. Ding Earl Manor could no longer have the status of a super aristocratic family as before. With the death of the Empress Dowager and the Empress, the largest family of the Empress in the Qin Kingdom had fallen.