Two weeks later - Shanghai
Rosie

"No George, I told you I'm staying with Charles, he is picking us up" I tell my brother for what feels like the 15th time "okay! I just wanted to check" he rolls his eyes at me "come on let's get out of this airport" I say pulling my case along with me at a faster pace. Charles flew out here a few days ago as he had some media commitments ahead of the GP in Italy. I spent a week in the UK at Soph's so I flew out with George. It actually felt really good to be back at the factory and I worked out an agreement with Claire that I spend a week a month at the factory and otherwise I can work remotely from Monaco. I was worried I would have to move back to the UK permanently but it's a happy medium, I will have to be at the factory more during the winter break. "Slow down Rosie" George shouts as I reach the airport doors "keep up!" I say and walk through the doors my eyes scanning for Charles. I spot him after a couple of minutes and I run over, throwing my arms around him "Mon Ange! I've missed you" he tells me kissing me softly "I've missed you too" I tell him honestly. After our costal walk where we both let each other know how we felt things have only been better. Charles looks up from me and spots George "Hey mate! Thanks for getting her here in one piece" he thanks him "it wasn't easy!" George jokes.

I walk into the garage and spot Adam loitering on my desk "oh hey Adam" I say and he wraps his arms around me "you been okay?" I nod into him "I have, have you?" He let's go of me "Jake" he tells me and it takes me a second "you're together?!" I squeal and he nods "I'm so happy for you both!" I say and Adam grins at me "you are the only person we have told" he tells me "we all need to meet up soon!" He agrees "dinner Sunday?" I can't help the smile "perfect, can I bring Charles?" Adam nods "of course you can!" Other people start arriving in the garage "can you do the wheel check for me later?" I nod and he heads over to George's car.

"Thanks for today guys!" I say as I shove all of my stuff into my backpack "we are ready for practise tomorrow, don't come in stupid early" Marcus tells me "I will try, see you tomorrow" he smiles at me and he walks out of the garage. I walk over to Adam "shall I get in the car?" I ask "yes please! Thanks RoRo" I slip into George's seat and place my hands on the wheel "okay, radio first" Adam says and I press the button "Radio check" I say "loud and clear, strat modes now" I follow Adam's instructions and we work our way through the wheel. "Right all done Rosie" he tells me and I jump out of the car pulling the head phones off of my head. "Thanks for helping, the garage really wasn't the same without you" I nod "see you tomorrow Adam, say hi to Jake for me" I tell him and I pull my backpack on before walking out into the paddock. I look around for Charles and I can't see him, George hasn't come back to the garage either. What's going on? I start walking towards Ferrari in case he is still there. I pull out my phone to message him and George to see where they are. "Rosie?" I look up and see Max stood in front of me "oh hey Max! Do you know where everyone is?" He nods "we had a last minute drivers meeting" oh that's strange "okay, is Charles finished too?" He nods "I think he will be going to the garage" I smile "thanks Max!" He doesn't move "you are looking really good Rosie! You had us all worried for a while" he pats my shoulder before walking away.

I walk down to the Ferrari garage and see Charles chatting with a girl. Curiosity takes over and I know Charles wouldn't do anything to hurt me. I walk over slowly and start to hear their conversation "you don't love her Charles! You love me! You always have!" She practically screams at him and I see him flinch "come on Charlotte please, I do love Rosie, more than I thought was possible to love a person. I did love you when we were together and I shouldn't have messaged you a few months ago" my heart sank, he saw her when I was in a coma "you needed me then, you still need me now" she argues and he shakes his head "Charlotte I was lost without her, I needed her but I only had you! I'm sorry I shouldn't have led you on" she folds her arms across her chest "well when you get bored of her again, I won't be waiting for you, this is your last chance" she threatens "Charlotte I never got tired of her, I was struggling with the accident and the memory loss" she laughs "you came crawling back to me, you will do it again" she turns and starts walking towards me and I think she is going to walk past before she stops by my shoulder "remember I will always be his first, he will come back to me" she threatens and storms down the paddock.

"Mon Ange?" Charles asks as I stand frozen, processing the conversation. I don't blame him for finding comfort with someone else, how could I? I wasn't ready to be with him before the accident. "Let's go" I manage to say and turn to walk back down the paddock to the exit "Rosie wait please" Charles runs to walk next to me "I know you heard all of that, you need to understand" I stop him "Charles I won't talk about this here in the middle of the paddock" I tell him and continue walking towards the car. He follows slightly behind me and I walk over to his Ferrari Portofino that he has for this weekend and wait patiently for him to open the door. I slide into my seat and he does the same placing the key in the ignition "I'm not mad Charles, I get it but what has upset me is that you didn't tell me" he lets out a sigh "I know I should've I was just happy that I had you back" I nod "I get that Charles but we can't keep secrets" he looks down at his hands "I am truly sorry Mon Ange" I take hold of one of his hands "we are okay, I promise" he looks at me and I give him a small smile "thank you for defending me to her, every word you said was reassuring, thank you"