Chapter 59: "Love-Struck"

Start from the beginning

He seemed a bit taken aback, but you can definitely fix this.

"My name's Ryan." He spoke flatly.

But, you shook your head suddenly. "No, no! I meant your surname." You gave him a reassuring smile and his eyes lit up again.

You're not even sure if he ever told you his last name, but thank God that this life hack worked.

"Oh! My last name is Russo. Ryan Russo." He smiled, then gestured to the menu.

"Well then, Muffet, this is Ryan Russo!"

"It's nice to meet you, Ryan." She dipped her head and smiled.

He nodded in acknowledgment with a smile in return, then turned to you.

"So, what do you recommend from here?" He asked and you gave it a long thought.

"For food, I recommend the banana nut muffin, or the spidey oatmeal. As for drinks, nothing quite beats a nice iced mocha!" You smiled, then leaned against the counter.

"What'll it be, then?" You asked.

He tapped a finger on his chin as he hummed in thought. "You know what? I'll take the banana nut muffin and the iced mocha. I trust your judgment!"

Okay, great. No pressure at all!

"Alright! Will do!" You beamed, then turned and looked at the clock.

"I have my break in about 8 minutes. We can chat then if you'd like!" You suggested and he gave you a thumbs-up.

"Sounds good!" He replied.

"It's been wonderful to meet you, Ryan! Since you're one of (Y/N)'s friends, I'll give you a 20% discount." Muffet flashed him a kind smile, then toyed around with the register.

"Now, that'll be $3.24. Will that be cash or credit?" Muffet asked.

"Cash is fine! Thank you very much, Miss Muffet!" He spoke as he pulled his wallet out of the pocket of his ripped black skinny jeans.

He pulled out a $5 bill, then slid it over on the counter. You took this moment to look over his tattoo sleeve. The centerpiece of which seemed to be a beautifully colored and shaded portrait of a Roman centurion.

"You're most welcome! I hope you come by again sometime soon! Here is your change." She carefully handed him his change, and you went to start on his order.

You fetched his muffin, then fixed his iced mocha. And once you were done, you handed the tray to Muffet. She carried it to him so you could finish off your last couple minutes of work before your break.

And in doing that, you took two more orders, fixed them, and then delivered them.

But once that was over with, you were ready for your break. So you grabbed a cup of water, and then headed over to Ryan's table.

Hopefully this meeting goes well. You don't want him crawling back to Audrey, after all.

But, judging on how Audrey is hopefully in jail right now, that is not super likely to happen. That is, if she hasn't been bailed out.

"Good morning, Ryan! You enjoying your food?" You asked, smiling as you sat across from him.

"Very much so, (Y/N)! You made some great suggestions." He smiled in return, then took a sip of his coffee.

"I'm so glad!" You gave him a thumbs up and then looked around.

"So, I know that you're interested in the Monster Rights movement, so would you be interested in joining me and my friend's counter-anti group?" You asked and he nodded.