She chewed on her lip again. The movement was so absent, so causal, that I doubted she knew the affect it had on men. I wasn't sure if it was the fact that I was still adjusting to her being my first creation or if I was legitimately attracted to her, but either way I wanted her to stop doing that.

"Fine, but I'm laying down while we talk."

"That's fine."

"I wasn't asking permission," she shot back as she pushed open the door.

I watched as she headed straight for the bed and laid down. I doubted it was very comfortable, but she didn't seem to care.

"Do you know what happened to me?"

"When you were bought?"

"No. The last couple of weeks, I think."

"Pierce mentioned that something happened to you. I'm still not completely sure about it, but I have a feeling you were poisoned with silver. I don't know how or when, but your symptoms would point to that."

She nodded a little and tossed her arm behind her head.

"So what do you know?"

"Not much. Pierce tried to fill me in as much as possible."

"When did you come around?"

"Pierce found a way to block the entity. I've been in and out since we went to your parents' house."

"So you're still not completely back?"

"I am now."

"How?"

"It's complicated. It involved calling in a few favors from Uriel."

"Did he know?"

"I'm not sure. He didn't say one way or the other."

She scoffed. "I bet he knew."

"Why?"

"Because when we were at my parents' house and I ran away he told me I needed to take this opportunity to have strength. He said God was giving me a chance to prove myself."

"Do you not believe in God?" I asked.

She looked at me as if I grew a second head. "You--I mean, whatever has been in you, has been real jerk over the last year regarding my religion. Bridget wanted me to read the Bible to her and you flipped out multiple times."

"That is not like me."

The look on her face told me she wanted to ask more about it, but she fought for composure. I knew she was angry and didn't want to ask any questions or know me in any fashion. Still, she was stuck with me for eternity whether she liked it or not. I created her and I was not going to let her go. I would allow the time apart under Pierce's care, but as soon as this was settled she was coming back with me. I couldn't have her running around. I was king now and anything she did reflected on me. She needed me even if she didn't want to admit it just like I needed her.

"I have always been a religious man."

"I find that hard to believe."

"My parents were very old. My entire family firmly believes in God and the church."

She hesitated, but didn't argue. I wasn't sure about her personality and Pierce hadn't said much other than she seemed extremely submissive. However, she did not strike me as a weak minded individual. She thought I was trying to kill her only hours before and now she was in a room with me alone, carelessly laid on a bed while I sat next to her.

"I take it religion is important to you then?"

"Very."

"You haven't been to church since you came into my possession, have you?"

She shook her head.

"Would you mind if I took you when we get to Ireland?"

I had to find some way to connect with her and if it was as simple as taking her to church, I would gladly do it. Whatever compelled me to show this girl I wasn't a monster was going to make sure I didn't mess this up too.

"What don't you understand? I can't be around you anymore. It's hard enough just sitting here with you and not being able to touch you."

I reached over and slipped my hand over hers in hopes that some contact would show her I was serious about this. Instead, she ripped her hand away and sped across the room faster than I would have thought she could move.

"Get out," she demanded.

"I'm sorry. I won't touch you aga-"

"Just leave. Go, Liam."

She wasn't looking at me anymore. Her eyes were set on the small circular window above the bed and her thin arms wrapped tightly around her body. I noticed a few tears slipped down her smooth, ivory cheek, but she didn't bother to wipe them away.

"Anna-"

"No. For once, just do what I'm asking and leave me alone."

"Okay," I agreed albeit reluctantly.

I left the room and closed the door behind me. She made it sound like I never listened to her and maybe I didn't. I wasn't sure if she understood that the person she met was not me. Perhaps Pierce would be able to talk to her at some point. As mad as she was, she seemed to listen to him. Though, I wasn't going to give in so easily. I would give her space, but I was not going away.

I knocked on the door one last time. I assumed she wouldn't respond, but she surprised me and pulled the door open.

"What," she demanded.

"I promise not to touch you again."

"The day you changed me, I turned in six hours. Just before I died, I was laying on a bed and you reached over just like that and held my hand until I woke up again. I think it would be best if I wasn't around you anymore."

"I didn't know."

"And that's the problem. You said that you have fully been you since my parents' house, right?" She questioned.

"Yes."

"So then tell me why you put on the whole charade of asking me to marry you that night."

"Everyone had to believe I was still possessed. As long as they believe that, I have time to come up with a better plan."

"You didn't have to do that to me. I could have kept my mouth shut."

"I did it because it was the only way to get a true reaction out of you. Everyone would have known it was forced."

She shook her head. "You know, I told you things and I trusted you more than I've ever trusted anyone before."

"I understand you're upset, but that doesn't change the fact that I created you. You won't last very long without me."

"I see you're as arrogant as ever."

"It's not arrogance. It's a fact. You can't be away from me for too long. I'm sure your time with Pierce will prove that."

"There's nothing I can do about it?" She asked weakly.

"No. Why would you want to?"

"I already explained why I don't want to be around you."

"You're not even going to give me a chance?"

"You've asked me that before. Look where that got me."

Valid point.

"That wasn't me."

"I know that. Look, we're in a horrible situation. Why don't you try to figure out a way to fix this before you worry about what I'm doing."

With that last snarky comment she closed the door. She was frustrating to say the least, but I couldn't just abandon her with Pierce. I needed her as much as she needed me.