Star Facts, Music Facts And A Lot Of Floof

Start from the beginning

The next day

With Spot, Albert and Race in the kitchen

"Any plans for after school today?" Spot asked as he was making coffee for him and Albert. Race was boiling water for his tea. 

Jojo ran into the room. "Racetrack, where the hell is my cap?" he asked, almost panicking. Race chuckled.

"I don't know, Jojo. Ask Davey when he, Sarah and Les comes back" Race answered. Jojo went upstairs again.

"As I was asking before Jojo came. Any plans after school?" Spot repeated. Race and Albert both chuckled. 

"I don't have any plans" Albert answered, Race started pouring the water into his cup.

"Yeah, me neither" Race said as he took his cup off of the counter. He went to stand beside Albert who sat on a chair beside the table at the other side of the room from Spot. Race sat his cup on the table before he leaned in and whispered something in Albert's ear. "I bet Spot would catch me if I ran towards him and fell"

And with that, Race started to run towards Spot. "Not with coffee!" Spot exclaimed and jumped to the side. Race jumped in that moment and face planted on the floor.

Davey, Sarah and Les walked through the door and into the kitchen. "Is he okay?" Sarah asked and pointed at Race who had turned around and was laughing his ass off together with Spot and Albert.

"Yeah, you know how Race is" Davey answered as he looked at his twin. 

Race stopped laughing and looked at Davey. "Jojo can't find his hat, can you help him?" he asked and Davey nodded before going upstairs. 

Race sat down in the chair beside Albert and drank his tea.

Twenty minutes later

All of the Newsies were gathered in front of the door to the house, outside. "Anyone have any questions before we start walking?" Davey asked, Flips and Specs raised their hand. "Specs, your shoe is in the staircase inside" 

"Oh, true, thanks Davey" he said and walked inside to get his shoe.

"Flips, your question" Davey said as he pointed at him.

"Who is that person beside you?" Flips asked and pointed at Sarah. Davey, Jack and Sarah chuckled. 

"She's my twin sister" Davey answered.

"Oh, okay. I'm Flips" Flips said as he nodded. 

"Hi Flips, I'm Sarah" she said and smiled. Specs came outside again and everyone started walking together. Ace, Spot, and Albert came and walked together with Flips.

"You're in the same grade as me and Race. Medda did so you and I are in the same class most of the day. You're with some the Newsies in every class no matter what, except for German, but then you'll be together with Shapes, she's a Brookie. She's very nice and you'll really like her. After every class, at least one Newsie will walk with you to the next" Albert explained and Flips nodded.

"Sounds fine" He answered. He looked at Race who was walking together with Jojo, Elmer and Romeo. They were all in the same kind of clothes; T-shirt under flannel and ripped black jeans with shoes. They were color coded; Race in blue, Jojo in pink, Elmer in yellow and Romeo in purple. "Is that normal?" Flips asked as he pointed to the boys.

"Yep" Finch said as he popped up beside Flips. Flips slightly jumped but brushed it off.

"They always dress in the same clothing at school, it's impressive how they do it" Spot said. Flips nodded and walked up to Jack who was leading the group together with Davey, Sarah and Crutchie. 

"Jack, is it okay if i put my earbuds in and listen to some music?" he asked. Jack turned to look at him and smiled as he realised it was Flips.

"Of course you can" Jack answered and looked at Davey. "What do you think Davey? Can Flips listen to some music?" 

Davey looked at Flips before answering. "I don't see a reason to not let him" He answered as he smiled.

"Well, remember when Race almost got run over by a car because he started dancing when he listened to music? Spot pulled Race out of the road and accidentally threw him into the bushes at the side of the road" Jack reminded Davey.

"Yes, but that's Race, Flips is a lot more responsible than Race" Davey said and turned to look at Flips. "Go listen to music, Flips, it's okay" he said softly as he patted Flips on the shoulder.

"Thanks" Flips exclaimed and walked back to Albert, Spot and Finch. He put his earbuds in and put his punk rock playlist on shuffle. The first song that came on was The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy. He loved this song, it was really good and it made him confident. He began singing when it started and suddenly he were in his own world. 

Spot had heard Flips starting to sing when he was talking to Albert. "That guy is an amazing singer. Do you think he would join the theater club if he got the chance?" he commented.

"I don't know, maybe. He seems really into music. Maybe he would join the musicals that Medda put up for all us Newsies every year" Albert suggessted as he shrugged.

Flips were really enjoying his music right now. Nothing better than walking while listening to music. The song came to an end and another Fall Out Boy song came on. What is it with Fall Out Boy wanting to play right now? he chuckled and realised what song came on; Young Volcanos. He started singing and did some slight dance moves. The dancing quickly escalated and he was doing a full on choreography. Step after step. Chorus line after chorus line. He was in his own world, dancing, singing, focusing on the beat and keeping himself off the road.

1642 words