11

Mias POV:
Rafe dropped the gun in shock, setting off another bullet just skimming my shoulder and burying itself into the wallpaper.
'I killed him.' He stuttered. He came down to my level and helped me from the floor, holding my head up and getting my blood all over his hands.
'Maybe not.' I replied, but we both knew it was too late. I heard a car door slam shut and Ward ran in, stopping still when he saw the scenes.
'Renfield?' He whispered.
'I'm sorry, he was going to kill Mia and he was going through your stuff.' Rafe panicked, shaking uncontrollably. I grabbed his hands and pulled him close to me, letting him sink into my chest.
'No it's okay I was going to have to do this anyway, help me take him to the boat.' Ward said. Rafe didn't move, he was still shaking.
'Rafe!' He shouted.
'I'll help you, let me just take him upstairs.' I said, helping my boyfriend up.
'Are you sure? You're cut.' Ward replied.
'I'll be fine.'
I took Rafe upstairs and he didn't say a word until we got there.
'I keep making promises.' He whispered.
'What?' I asked.
'I keep telling you I'll keep you safe, I'll stop.' He repeated.
'Baby it's okay.' I whispered, putting both of my hands on the side of his face.
He sat down and once I was sure he was calmer I walked towards the door.
'Don't. Please.' He begged.
'I'm so sorry, stay here I'll be back soon.' I whispered.
I ran outside and looked at Ward, who was staring down at the body.
'On three.' He said, grabbing the arms. I picked up his legs and tried to not think about what I was doing, carrying him to the boat. He rolled him onto it and looked at me apologetically.

'Tell Rafe he's okay. Renfield isnt from this area anyway so they won't come looking for him. Carla won't tell the police what he was doing because she'll get arrested. I'll dump his body far away.' He explained.
'Okay.' I whispered.
'Get inside, it's dark.' Ward said, starting the boat. I nodded and turned to head back towards the house. I heard that the boat was long gone now, but saw someone move in the bushes. I chose to ignore it, last time I did that I nearly died.
'Mia.' They whispered. I turned and saw JJ and John stood in the leaves.
'You need to go.' I said sternly.
'Look, I'm trying to find the locket, it was my fathers, don't you think I deserve to have it?' John asked.
'I told you already, I don't have it! Renfield does.' I replied.
'Renfield, the one who's body you just carried to the boat?' JJ asked. I put my head in my hands and began to panic.
'We won't tell anyone, we wanted him dead too, he tried to kidnap Pope.' JJ assured me.
'But I do want to know who really has it.' John added.
'I can't help you with that one.' I smiled, heading back inside.
'We miss you.' JJ said sincerely.
'I miss you too.' I whispered, closing the door. But I knew I couldn't have both.
'Who was that?' Rafe said, from behind me. I span and looked at him, his features outlined by the dark shadows of the moon.
'Nobody.' I replied.
'I know you weren't talking to yourself.' He said bitterly.
'Look I think it's best if I go home.' I said, taking my coat. He grabbed my arm and looked at me.
'You can't.' He whispered.
'Rafe.' I warned.
'I can't sleep without you.' He replied. I let out a small sigh, expecting a lot worse from him.
'Come back with me? I just need to see my brother.' I smiled. He nodded and headed upstairs to get his stuff. He carried a small crystal in his hand, one from Wheezie. And I smiled as he put it in his pocket. We left without even saying goodbye to anyone and he clutched my hand all the way home.

I opened the door to Topper and Kelce both sat on the sofa playing video games. Kelce looked down at mine and Rafe's hands and blew air out of his mouth, looking a Topper in shock.
'I knew already.' Topper said, bored of his reaction.
'Hey Top it's getting abit much, is it okay if we stay here just for tonight?' I asked.
'Yeah of course, are you okay?' He questioned worriedly.
'Yeah I'm fine.' I smiled.
'And Rafe?' He asked, shocking my boyfriend who did not expect to be cared about.
'Oh I'm, yeah I'm fine.' He replied, squeezing my hand again. We walked past them to my bedroom and Topper shouted after us.
'There's pizza on its way! I ordered more just in case you came home.'
'Thanks T.' I replied, opening the door and pushing Rafe into my room.
He looked at the pile of his clothes folded on my bed and smiled, realising that I really did use them as comfort items.
'Hey listen, I know I said one day you might have to choose, but I feel like I've already made you do that.' He said sternly.
'No, I like staying with you.' I said gently, taking his hand.
'But you don't see your bother anymore.' He whispered.
'Hey, it's okay.' I said, moving my hand to his face and kissing his head.
'What happened earlier, is it all sorted?' He said, just below a whisper so I could barely hear. I nodded and he pulled me into the tightest hug, pulling us both back on the bed. The door opened and Kelce walked in with two boxes of pizza. He put them on the bed and looked at us weirdly.
'Hello?' I asked.
'How does it feel that I got to fuck her first?' He asked Rafe jokingly. I stood infront of my boyfriend and kept his eyes away from Kelce, trying to calm him down.
'She was so tight for me.' He said, pretending to moan. Rafe jumped up and pushed him against the wall, standing over him.
'Don't you ever talk about her like that again do you hear me?' He spat.
'It was so good we went for round two.' Kelce added. I put my head in my hands. Why would he be so stupid to agitate Rafe like that?
'Get the fuck out of her room.' He said in a low voice.
'She wasn't saying that the other night.' He teased.
'Don't make me kill you.' He said. Punching him and throwing him from the room. He closed the door on his face and walked towards me again. I didn't say anything.
'Nobody talks about my girl like that.'