"No. You don't get to do that. You don't get to get mad because I finally gave up, because I stopped trying. You don't get to get mad because I stopped trying the moment when you actually wanted to try. That's not on me. I tried for years. I was there for you, I stuck by your side, I believed in you, I had hope. Even when I was treated like shit, I came back again and again and now that you know I'm gone. I'm done and I can't do it anymore. Now you want to try. It's because you know I'm serious, you know I'm not going to be by your side anymore, that's selfish and it's unfair." Turning back around, Juno firmly pressed the call button. Chest heaving with pent up anger and heartbreak she picked up her bags and stepped inside. Setting the heavier of the two down so she can press the button that'll take her to Fury's office.

"Juno, I'm sorry.." Bucky's broken voice made her hazel eyes snap up to his stormy grey blue ones. She could see he was, but it wasn’t enough anymore to be sorry. He had a chance to fix it and he’d thrown it back in her face like she hadn’t dedicated the last several years of her life to him on top of her job as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and Avenger.

"Too late, James. I'll send someone for my things in the next couple of days. Don't call me." The doors slide shut as a few traitorous tears start to fall. Letting out a deep breath Juno collapses back against the side of the elevator wall. She did it.. She was actually leaving. Raising shaky hands to brush back her long hair out of her face, Juno stood up straight. She had just one more thing to do before she went to a hotel and figured out her next steps.

The bright chime let her know that she'd arrived on the floor she was seeking. Picking up her suitcase she stepped out and determinedly walked down to Fury's office. Stopping at his assistant Sarah's desk she sets her bags down yet again. "I need to see him. It's important." Juno knows the other woman can see the defeated and haggard look on her face, but she doesn't care at the moment. She just needs this to be over once and for all.

Not understanding what was going on but knowing this was important Sarah nods and picks up the phone. A moment later she tells Juno she can go in. Leaving her bags with his assistant instead of lugging them with her again, Juno walks into Fury's office trying to keep her shit together. Closing the door behind her before walking over to stand in front of his desk at a loose attention. She clasps her trembling hands together so that he doesn’t see it.

"What's so important that this couldn't wait?" Fury asks, not looking up from reading a report on his tablet. Blowing out a breath Juno braced herself and then let it out.

"I need an immediate transfer out of New York. I'm not super picky, just anywhere away from here." Her shocking demand made his one good eye finally glance up at her giving Juno his full attention. This was clearly not what he was expecting to hear.

Setting down his tablet Fury leans forward to brace his forearms on his desk. Something was clearly up with one of his top agents because never would she ask this of him otherwise. If there was a good reason then he wouldn’t have a problem with it, but if she was using this to run away from her personal problems then he’d have to deny her request. She was just too valuable in her current posting. "And why do you need an immediate transfer?" 

Sighing, Juno tells him straight out. No point in hiding it or hedging around the subject. The gossip would eventually get back to him. "Barnes and I are through for good. I don't want to be around him anymore. I hate to leave the team, but I need to do what's best for me. I know you've been looking for top level agents to relocate. Well, here I am."

So it was personal. Not usually inclined to follow the whims of his people but Juno Donahue was different. The circumstances with her and Barnes’ relationship had been a tightrope at the beginning, however the way she’d helped him settle in and recover had even surprised him. So for her to be here right now telling him she was washing her hands of the man after all of these years Nick had to guess that whatever it was was bad. If he wanted her to stay a part of the agency and the team then he would give her some time away before recalling her. Sitting back in his chair and bringing up his steepled hands to his mouth he conceded to her request. "Fine. I need someone who can roam. Do as I need at a moment's notice."