"we... We have to confess something to you" they exchanged their gazes while I just looked at them with a questioning look.

"what?"

"the Unknown calls your wife was having a few days ago" amaan said
My eyes widened sharply
"sadiq bhai asked us to do it so we were the ones calling her from different numbers...we're so sorry" they both looked down and I could see the embarrassment prominently flushed on their faces

"it's ok.. Your confession matters" I smiled at them

"and... And"
"and our parents..."shams said to assist the stammering amaan

"yes, your parents?"

"it's a long story but we don't wanna keep anything hidden from you"

"ok then give me your numbers...I'll text you both when and where to meet and then we can discuss"
They both agreed and gave me their number.

I drove back home.
....

Days have passed and now I missed hafsa even more. We did talk in texts but that wasn't enough.
So I thought I'll call her now.

After my meeting with the client, I went to my room and dialed Hafsa's number but she didn't respond. I called for about four times but still no response. I thought she might be having fun with her family as she has gone to stay after a long time.

I was doing my files my when phone buzzed, it was hafsa!

"hello hafsa? Why didn't you answer my calls?" I heard her voice a bit different... I could hear sobs from the other side. SHE WAS CRYING!! "why are you crying? Something happened?"

"will you come tonight and pick me up? I want to come back" that made me smile and I gave a sigh of relief. How much I needed her!

"sure, I have been waiting for you so much..I don't even feel any interest in work without you... I miss you hafsa, I miss you so badly"

"I also miss you so badly... then come and pick me up....I promise I'll never leave you again"

Just then I heard samreen screaming from behind 'ammi is saying to get ready and come down'

'ok you go I'll be there' hafsa said to her

"I'll be waiting for you tonight, I have to go now"

"yes my love even me, you go" I said "I love you" I whispered and hung the call.

Tonight I'll go to pick her up and then she'll be home.
....

"I am going, ammi" I yelled from the hall walking towards the door so that ammi can hear it from her room.

"sure beta" she came out of the room "do have a long drive...don't just bring her here straight"

"ammi it already takes one hour...is that not a long drive?"

"oh yes, I completely forgot" I rolled my eyes "go and back safe and sound" she smiled.

After a one hour drive, I stopped my car in front of Hafsa's house which made me smile to myself.

My Hafsa's in there and I am coming to get you!

As I moved closer, I heard someone wailing from inside. Something was wrong.
I moved towards the door and instead of knocking, I slowly pushed the handle down and thank god, the door wasn't locked.
When I opened the door, my mouth was left agape and my jaw dropped on the scene.

Hafsa was crying, looking down in front of her mother while her father sat on the other side and her mother was yelling at her so badly that it scared samreen and yeah! It was samreen who was wailing.

"jijubhai" she ran up to me and hugged me in a protective way as if to say 'do something and save me'. I hugged her back and said "don't worry your jijubhai's here and he'll not let anything happen to anyone alright?" she wiped her tears and moved away.
Hafsa was looking at me. There was pain in her eyes. "zafar" she whispered and cried.

I walked up to her and hugged her. I could feel her heart beat was very fast.

"what is happening here?" I asked

"it doesn't concern you" her mother said who was standing behind me

Just then, I saw some papers lying on the sofa. I picked them up and the whole world crashed in me. THOSE WERE DIVORCE PAPERS!!

"hafsa you wanted divorce from me?" I asked in a low tone
She shook her head into a 'no' so briskly that it almost removed her hijab.

"yes she demands divorce" her ammi yelled from behind "she wants divorce from you because she likes someone else"
I looked at her with a questioning look when the bell rang.
The scared samreen opened the door and it was....who it was? ADIL!!

Hafsa's mother walked up to him in her fastest pace, dragged him and made him stand in front of me "she likes adil"

"what?" we both said in unison, mine was low tune, whereas adil shouted

"ammi stop lying, it's enough" hafsa said "I like adil, a lot but only as a friend" adil had his jaw dropped "I want to live with only zafar and not anyone else"

"stop your rubbish and sign the papers" her mom said

"wait which papers?" I interrupted but no one replied me.

Hafsa sat on the sofa with her eyes welled with tears while her ammi sat beside her.
"I know it's not that easy for you but this man" she said looking at me with a dirty face "this man doesn't love you"

"what are you saying auntie?!" I was utterly shocked at her mother's behavior

"I am saying the truth! You never took good care of my daughter so I won't let her go with you" now turning towards hafsa again, she said "Sign hafsa"

Hafsa was looking at me while I felt the tears falling from my eyes.
She held the pen and hesitated

"hafsa sign" her mom said in a louder and fiercer voice

She slowly moved her hand towards the paper to sign
I was shocked and was about to fall when adil held me. "hold on bhai"

Hafsa was taking a divorce from me and I couldn't handle it. I didn't look at her doing it. I just sat on the sofa beside her.

Don't do it hafsa.. Don't you love me? If you do, don't do it.

Don't do it........