5: THE FRAT PARTY (JOHNNY)

Photo above and at bottom - Johnny

**

I stayed up at Spirit Rock for about a half hour or so, looking out over the hills and thinking about Jason. I couldn't believe we had actually kissed in the middle of a fight, and then both got totally aroused.

That was sure a big step in the right direction.

I kept laughing about it. It just kept bubbling up from inside me. Both of us had tried so hard not to show it, our attraction to each other, but the very first time it was brought out into the open, our frustration drove us to fighting. And that drove us to loving.

I knew Jason would have a much harder time dealing with it than I would. A real hard fucking time. But the way I felt now, I knew I'd sacrifice it all – school, football, career, the whole shebang – just to be his lover.

But, of course, knowing that things didn't have much of a chance at going smoothly, I wondered what the hell would happen next.

I was still tasting blood from my lip. That's how hard Jason had kissed me, and with such passion. So I doubted he'd really be able to stay away from me for very long. I knew how he was. He called me every day, several times, sent me texts and pictures, always had to know what I was doing.  He was obsessed with me. And now we'd crossed a threshold, the two of us, a really big one, and entered into a new stage of our relationship. It didn't matter that he said he didn't want to see me any more. That was crap. I knew that right now he was probably wishing he was with me and kissing me again, even harder.

So I wasn't surprised when I got back down to the apartment and saw his note waiting for me on the table. After reading it, I jumped around hooting and hollering. I dove onto my bed and hugged the pillows, humped the mattress, and banged up and down until I finally calmed down, wondering how the heck I was going to wait till tomorrow morning to see him again. Ohmygod, the rest of the day and the whole night? I'd fucking die waiting for morning to come.

And there was no way we were going to 'talk about it', like he suggested. Not for a  minute. I was going to grab him, kiss him, rip off all his clothes, same with mine, and we were going to do it, all the way, over and over, until we were exhausted and fell asleep in each other's arms.

Ha! Talk about it? No way. It would never happen. No talk, just action.

And talk about falling asleep, that's what I did right then and there, hugging the pillows as if they were Jason himself. But it was Strike I dreamed about again. We were in his garage, in his cluttered-up office, and he was talking to me about brake pads, telling me all about them. It was driving me crazy. I did not want to hear about friggin' brake pads. I was more interested in his hot muscular body encased in his snug t-shirt and jeans, his handsome face I was longing to kiss, and the bulge in his crotch I was aching to touch.

"Hey, I don't want to hear about brake pads," I finally told him. "Who gives a fuck? I want to know when you're gonna teach me about queer sex. Show me all about it. Live and in person. Right here on this messy floor."