Adelaide

——————————————————————

Witches are long known to exist centuries before hybrids. Living in distant lands, hidden from predators and humans, they have been able to survive and create magic in their own. 1740's, when the presence of Alpha Malcolm the 2nd came into existence, moulding them into wicked and brave. The trust they put into him had became the sole reason that started a long and sorrowful event that lasted centuries...

The Cordelias have been the pride of the witches throughout history. They were the strongest family amongst their kind. Most respected, powerful, and bravest. In every family lies a powerful leader whom they call the purest, but as time passes by and witches have become extinct, it reaches the present where only one purest was left: Adelaide Cordelia.

The pressure Adelaide has been carrying could not be in any words. Heavy and a burden. She, who is the only heir of the last purest, has to continue their legacy. It should not be difficult for her. Adelaide is beautiful and outstanding, smart and very very kind, not to mention how strong her mind and curses are. In addition, Adelaide knows how to manipulate and poison anyone's mind—indeed, the perfect requirements for someone's future wife. But the thing is—Adelaide is not, at all, interested in anyone but magic.

The rotten smell of deadly nightshade mixed with chemicals engulfed the whole room, making Aldeheid cough as she entered Delilah's private laboratory. Using the wind, she opened the only dormer the room had. That made Delilah gasped and ran towards to shut it. "The smell might affect other plants." she informed with a small, soft voice before taking off her mask, leaning on the window with knotted forehead as she asked, "No one seems interesting to you yet?," as if she read Adelaide's face.

Adelaide rolled her eyes and sighed, "Some were, just too less for me." throwing the last name onto the piled up names that they have been looking to hook up with her.

Delilah chuckled with her eyes glimmering in enjoynment, "Why don't you just pick anyone who's pretty and go with it." Delilah suggested as if it was that easy.

Adelaide scoffed in her cousin's desperation, "If only the ritual is that easy, I might've bore an offspring by now."

Her eyes followed Delilah as she step out, dragging her voluntarily. "So, how're you gonna do it?"

Her shoulders tightened and sweats began forming from the pressure she could not avoid.

Delilah stopped midway through the hallway as she faced her, "You need an heir to continue the legacy, to let our kind survive." this time Delilah's voice was sympathetic, feeling the hardship her cousin had to endure.

It took Adelaide a minute to respond. "I'm powerful enough." putting out the worry that has immersed but immediately spread like a wildfire after Delilah's retort.

"Nuh-uh," she knew her cousin would say this. Not because she was not powerful enough but because it wasn't enough reason to stop their legacy.

"Wala na ba akong mapagpipilian?"

Delilah sighed and nodded, "You need offsprings."

She scoffed, "Easy there. One is enough."

Delilah chuckled, "Only if you'll get a girl." she stated making Adelaide more frustrated than she ever was.

Adelaide laughed bitterly and inhaled, "Curse this curse." Delilah agreed and they both laughed in unison before the halt after being alarmed with an uninvited guest who has entered the sacred gate.

The confusion in there faces was evident and none of them were able to react. Both pair of perplexed eyes found each other, confused by the idea of a hybrid entering the sacred gate without experiencing death.