"I'll tell you later." Xie Lian whispered to Wei Wuxian, who nodded.

"Yes, my name is Na'Lan Qingyu, but you can call me Noah." He looked at Xie Lian questioningly. He could feel that the beautiful man did something to him, but he did not know what. He just felt like his body suddenly became lighter, and the fatigue from the teleportation array was gone. "So, what happened here?"

Xie Lian quickly concentrated more on Hua Cheng's situation in front of him. He could always get back to this man later, now that he knew that he was his nephew's friend.

"He was a victim of the demon cult when he was young. Although I sealed the demon inside him, it turned out that he was stronger than I thought, as he merged with my seal and formed the Morningstar in his left eye. This morning, he was not feeling well and suddenly collapsed, then this… red mist shrouded him, until now. I'm trying every array I could think of, but none of them worked." Xie Lian tried to state the facts to Noah, to catch him up on what was happening to help him understand about the situation better.

Noah did not like what he saw, since he could feel a strong evil presence from the red mist, and if he was not mistaken, the devil was in the process of tempting He Xuan's brother to become one with him. 

"So, quick recap, Hua Cheng here was tempted by the Morningstar to join hands. If they succeed, well, he would be powerful and in control, but if they fail, he would still be powerful but not in control. Either way, we have to wait. But I'll help with the mist." Noah examined the force field, it was very different from what he used to see and use back when he was one of the Knights of Holy Order. He knew their arrays as well as the back of his hand, but then again, this Xie Lian guy just made a very complicated array out of nothing. He was curious, but first thing first. He then looked at Xie Lian. "Can you take off the force field? I never seen anything like this before, how did you create it?" 

"That was level five force field, not even a nuclear blast can penetrate that." Wei Wuxian smirked. "That's just how we love." She snuggled into Lan Wangji's embrace, who kissed her temple, and earned an eye roll from He Xuan. His… parents were always very affectionate toward each other, no matter the time and place, and deep inside he was happy to see it, but never in a million year would he admit that.

Noah saw with his own eyes as Xie Lian took off the force field with the wave of his hand, unlike anything he had ever seen before. And he wanted to learn it. From everything that he gathered so far, Xie Lian was a very powerful being. Not fully human, since his senses told him so. And so did Wei Ying. He had goosebumps when he first saw them enter He Xuan's apartment, and the goosebumps only appeared when he faced a very strong opponent. He would ask about them to He Xuan later, since they looked like they had a very close relationship with each other.

"I will ask you to teach me the arrays that you used as a form of payment, when I finish this all." Noah grinned as he started his own array. He had a fascination toward runes and arrays ever since he was a child, that was one of the reasons why he entered the seminary to become a priest, since only the Knights of the Holy Order were the ones who could learn runes and arrays.

"I will teach you anything you want if you save him." Xie Lian smiled as he watched the arrays that Noah made. It was a modified version of the olden array that he created back then, the one that was supposed to help with entity suppression. He wondered if it's going to work, but the next second, Noah's tattoos were shining, adding strange runes to the modified arrays, something that Xie Lian had never seen before. Then Noah put the glowing array straight into the heart of the red mist, and the next second the red mist was sucked into a glowing gold rune that was floating on top of now visible Hua Cheng.

"Don't touch him yet." Noah stopped Xie Lian from rushing to touch Hua Cheng. "The rune is still working to help him fight the demon possession. I hope."

"How did you do that?" Xie Lian asked Noah. "What was that glowing rune?"

"Ah, that was the modification that I have learned myself, which put me at odds with the Order. They did not want me to use my modified runes, and insisted on using their out-of-date arrays. Do you know how many times our lives were threatened in the field, when it took a fucking long time to create the old-school arrays?" Noah was so angry when they forbade him to use his shortcut and instead ordered him to do like the others did, which put an extra second to the time they needed to make the array, and sometimes it was a second too late.

"And that's the reason why you quit priesthood?" Wei Wuxian asked him with a blatant interest. She never met anyone like Na'Lan Qingyu, a.k.a Noah St.Claire, and it fascinated her to think that there were actually demons and monsters out there, instead of mere humans. Humans were too easy to obliterate, now she was interested in killing monsters and demons. And it seemed like Lan Wangji could read her mind as he squeezed her waist.

"Don't even think about it."

Wei Wuxian laughed as she kissed Lan Wangji. 

"Don't worry, I will not leave you to become a nun, I just want to hunt monsters. What do you say, Noah? Next time you hunt monsters, invite me? Promise I will be helpful." She gave Noah her most enchanting smile and it took Noah exactly one second to agree.