Hey There, Delilah (28)

Start from the beginning

Rex began to sing it again, louder this time. People were actually starting to stare now. "Shut up, you idiot!" I hissed, elbowing him in the ribs, but that didn't stop him. I was seriously going to bash him over the head if he didn't shut up! What a stupid, annoying idiot... One of these days I was just going to slap him really hard and make him mute or something... If that was even possible... I hoped it was...

"It's a good song, though," Rex pressed on, continuing to sing and making sure to sound extra obnoxious when he sang my name. I seriously started considering changing my name when I was eighteen. That song wasn't even that good. And it was super creepy, too! He wrote it about a girl that wasn't interested in him at all. Writing a song for the person you like doesn't always work. I just wished that the singer of The Plain White T's knew that before writing the stupid song. That stupid, stupid song...

Rex started humming it, which caused Seth to start humming it, which made River start humming it as well. I felt myself cringe as they all continued humming it as if they had planned on doing so from the start. I was going to explode if they didn't shut up!

"I'm surrounded by morons," I grumbled, ducking my head from the strange stares we were getting from all the different strangers as they passed us.

River purposely bumped his hip against mine, knocking me to the side a little. "Even me?" he questioned as we continued walking hand-in-hand.

"You have your moments," I answered, pecking his cheek quickly and grinning at him. He smirked at me in amusement, pecking me on the lips before I could turn my head away from his. Not that I was complaining or anything...

"Ew! See, it is a date!" Rex cried, covering his eyes.

"You're such a moron," I repeated, shaking my head at his childish ways. Even though it really annoyed me most of the time, Rex wouldn't be Rex if he didn't act like such an idiotic kid all the time. I wondered if he would ever really grow up and act like an adult. I couldn't even imagine that actually happening. If he was going to grow up, I wondered if it was going to be anytime soon. I didn't think it was going to be.

But now he wouldn't stop humming.

They all wouldn't stop humming.

I was going to kill them if they didn't shut up!

"It's getting hot out here," Rex suddenly sighed, peeling his jacket away from him. He was actually right. It seemed like it was only yesterday when I was here with Avery and it was freezing outside. But that was only a few weeks ago, and I hadn't heard from Avery since. He didn't ever want to see me again, and I didn't really blame him. Even though now that I saw he was a huge jerk, I still felt bad for lying to him and not telling the truth. But Avery was a jerk, so I didn't feel that bad.

"Well, well, well..."

Oh, no.

Speak of the devil.

All four of us turned around to see Avery glaring at us. He noticed River and my conjoined hands, only causing him to glare even more. Seth was glaring, along with Rex and River. It was like I was in the middle of a glare-off between the four boys that surrounded me. I just looked between them in fright.

"What're you doing here, Avery?" Rex demanded, his eyebrows knitting together between his eyes. Avery rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. "This isn't your park, Reginald. Anyone can be here."

Rex looked outraged with the fact that Avery had used his real name. "Anyone but you," Rex said again threateningly, stepping forward.

"Rex," I snapped, grabbing his shoulder with my free hand before he could step any closer to Avery. "Don't do anything stupid."