16; The money

Season 2 episode 27 "girl meets money"

Delilah sat on her kitchen working with Jack. Eric was out with some friends while Doy was at a playdate.

Then, the ring bell sounded and she stood up. She pressed the button of the inter come and talked.

"Who's it?"

"It's Minkus."

She pressed the button to let him in and walked back to the kitchen.

"Minkus?" Jack asked, "Isn't that the guy who you told you were giving up yale for me?" He asked and she nodded.

"I wonder what he wants." Delilah frowned and suddenly the elevator opened and a stressed Minkus rushed towards them.

"I need you help." He sat on the table with them.

"What do you need?" Delilah asked and he stared at her.

"Not yours, his!" He gestured at Jack.

"Ouch." Delilah stood up to prepare a coffee for him.

"What's it?" Jack asked.

"I know we haven't really talked before," Minkus started, "but I need advice."

"Go for it." Jack smiled.

"How do you manage to spend time with your family and work at such a big company at the same time?" He asked and the couple stayed silent.

"Well," He started "I didn't do well at first," He explained, "I was never really home, and I was always working." He paused, "But then I realized that there was nothing like coming home and still having time to be with my family," He talked as Delilah sat next to him, giving Minkus a mug, "and I did what I had to do."

"What exactly did you do?" Minkus asked as Delilah poured his coffee, "Thanks."

"I left my father's company and started working on my best friend's." He explained, "I don't win as much, but I can still give my family a nice life." He looked at Delilah, "Plus, I can spend more time with them."

"So, what should I do?" Minkus looked at Delilah.

"Stuart," She started, "sometimes you need to make sacrifices for the best." She explained.

"See this house?" Jack gestured around, "It's nice, isn't it?" Minkus nodded, "I can afford bigger."

"Then why didn't you buy a bigger one?" He frowned.

"Because this one kept us closer," He started, "It was also closer to The Matthew's." He explained.

"Minkus, you don't need an enormous mansion to prove your kid that you love him."

"How did you--"

"She's smart." Jack interrupted.

"Give it a try." Delilah smiled.

"It's worth it." Jack agreed.

•••

"Dad." Farkle walked to Topanga's terrace with Lucas, Maya, Riley and Eric.

"I called you this time." Minkus stood up. "I thought about what you said. I'm no success at all if I haven't succeeded with you." He explained as the adults stood up, too.

"You have."

"You're right, Farkle. I should do more." He smiled.

"We should probably leave you two alone." Riley said.

"No. Actually, this involves all of you." Jack talked.

"Who are you?" Lucas pointed at him.

"Yeah, I expected this." He looked at Delilah.

"Lucas, Farkle, Maya," Delilah started, "I don't believe you have ever met my husband, Jack."  She introduced him and he waved awkwardly. "He's shy."

"This morning, I did something I should have done long ago." Stuart smiled, "I started the Minkus Family Foundation."

"We're gonna give some money away, a lot of money, to those who need it." Jack smiled.

"And we want you all to be a part of it." Topanga smiled.

"Well, what do we do?"

"You're gonna help decide who needs it."

"You've all been thinking about the less fortunate. Well, we want the results of your assignment right now." Cory talked.

•••

The teenagers talked about their ideas. How they wanted to cure malaria and world Peace. However, in the end, the decision was to give Maya money and let her give it to people she believed needed it.

"Mom," Doy called her and she sat on the sofa with him, "uncle Cory said that having money doesn't make you more valuable."

"That's true" She smiled.

"But I already knew." He smiled at her

"How come?" She smiled confused.

"Daddy has more money," He started, "but you never left our side." He hugged her.

"I love you kiddo.".

"I love you more."

"But daddy loves you, too."

"I know that." He looked at her, "And I love him, too." He smiled.