2; The First Class

"Eric!" Delilah called him from downstairs, "Come down! Topanga will be here in a few minutes!"

"I'm coming!" The twelve year old boy said running downstairs.

"Where's your brother?" She asked looking around.

"I'm here!" He talked sweetly while trying to put on his shoes on the couch, "Help, mommy!"

"Where's your father?" She asked Eric quietly.

"I think he went to work early." He answered.

"He better not come back," She walked towards the younger, "or he's dead." She muttered to herself.

She helped the kid put on her shoes and took his little bag just as the doorbell rang.

"Yes?" She asked from the intercome.

"It's Topanga."

"And Cory!"

"Come down!" Riley's voice was heard.

"Coming!"

They entered the elevator and after a while they were with the Matthews.

"Hello!" Topanga smiled and they hugged.

"Hi," She talked stressed, "Quick disclaimer," Share talked to the adults, "My son's name isn't Dewey anymore, it's Doy, now. Don't ask, just call him Doy." She finished and walked towards the car.

"We were thinking," Cory talked, "how about I drop Riley, Maya and Eric at school and you two go with those little devils?" He smiles fakely.

"Sure." Delilah chuckled and sat Doy on his chair while Topanga put Auggie's chair on her sister's car.

•••

"Isn't dad going to come?" Doy asked as they stood in front of his class.

"Dad had to go to work, honey." Delilah kneeled in front of him.

"Why?"

"Tu buy food for you." She tickled his tummy and he chuckled, "Get inside there babe." She smiled and he hugged her tightly.

"Goodbye, mom!" He ran inside with Auggie.

"I gotta go," Topanga talked to the older, "Cory's waiting for me to take me to work and then he'll go to the high school." She explaind, "See you later!"

Delilah chuckles and looked inside the classroom just as the teacher walked by.

"Oh, hi!" Delilah stopped her before she entered the room.

"Hello!" She smiled.

"I'm Delilah Hunter," She shook her hand, "My son's Dewey Hunter." She explained, "I just wanted to let you know that you must pronounce his name as 'Doy', otherwise he'll get really upset."

"Oh, that's fine," She smiled, "I'll write it down."

"Take good care of him." Delilsh smiled.

"I will."

•••

"Are you going to be our teacher again?" Maya asked as Delilah leaned on her desk.

"Good morning to you, too." She smiled at her sarcastically.

"I'm happy she's our teacher," Riley smiled.

"Yeah, she's the best!" Farkle added.

"Thank you kids." She smiled.

"How's been your summer?" She looked around.

"I went to Barcelona." A kid talked from the back of the class.

"That's amazing Charlie!" She smiled, "Did you learn any Spanish?"

"Not really." He chuckled.

"Any other experiences?" She looked around and a girl raised her hand, "Yes, Monica?"

"Why don't you tell us your summer?" She smiled.

"Ohh," She thought, "well, at first I kept working for a while," She paused, "and then I spent two weeks with my two sons and my best friends in France." She explained.

"Who are your best friends?" Riley asked confused.

"First we got Rachel," She started, "She's a beautiful red-head with a great heart." She smiled, "And then there's your uncle Eric."

"Uncle Eric is your best friend?" She frowned.

"Since we were teenagers."

"That's like--" Maya paused thoughtful, "a hundred years ago."

Delilah's smiled dropped and she stared at Maya deadpanned.

"I'm not that old-" She thought to herself, "Yes, Mike?" She asked to a boy who raised his hand.

"What about your husband?" He asked, "Didn't you spend time with him?"

"Yeah!" Riley interrupted, "When will I see uncle Jack again? It's been three years since you moves here, and we haven't seen him yet." Delilah tried to answer but Maya interrupted her.

"You're husband's name is Jack? How come I never met him?"  When she tried to answer again, Farkle talked this time.

"You're married?"

"Ok!" She smiled uncomfortably, "Yes, I'm married. Yes, he's called Jack, and you will meet him whenever he gets time. He's extremely busy with work." She explained.

"I understand." Riley nodded.

"Thank God someone does, because I'm starting to not do so." She muttered to herself as she walked around the table.

•••

"You missed Doy's first day of school." Delilah talked as Jack opened the door.

"Who's Doy?"

"Your fuckin son, Jack!" She shouted quietly.

"What?"

"I told you a week ago that Dewey has to be called Doy now, or he will scream." She talked in disbelief.

"That's why he shouted at me Doy for five minutes yesterday." He talked in realization.

"Jack," She talked again, "you missed his first day of school.

"It was today?"

"Unbelievable."

"I'm sorry, I forgot."

"You always forget, forget, forget." She scolded him, "Well, fucking change, Jack. I'm starting to see a side of you that I don't like at all." She walked away and he tried to grab her arm but she shoved him away.

What was happening?