Real or Not Real

Eddy sighs. "When you first came here, I thought you were going to be a spoiled, arrogant brat. You weren't. You were way more than that. You're a beautiful, intelligent woman with a lot of pride. You're also very stubborn."
I glare at him. "Get to the point."
"It was the little things I started to notice. You were uncomfortable when someone touched you. You get tense when Mama forces you to dance. Your constantly paranoid. You talk to the girls about keeping their dignity and pride a lot. You were young when it happened, weren't you, Anastasia? It was someone that you trusted, like a family friend, an uncle or cousin. And they betrayed you. Am I right?"
"I don't know what your talking about," I whisper. He wasn't supposed to get it. He shouldn't know. Was I really that obvious?
He stands up, and walks closer to me. He's so close I can smell his aftershave. "Don't lie, Anastasia. Someone raped you, didn't they? I must admit, at first I was a little confused, because one of the girls asked you if you were a virgin and you said yes. Then, I realized what he did to you."
"Eddy, stop." I'm closing my eyes, trying to stop tears.
"All this time, you've been keeping that locked up inside, haven't you? That's why you tried drinking and partying. You thought it would help. You got lost, Anastasia, and you're waiting for someone to find you."
I push him away and stand up. "Your wrong, Eddy. You're so wrong."
"I don't think so. The answer is written all over your face."
I can't talk right now. I can't. I can't even look in his direction. I walk away. I walk away because I constantly let my demons win. I walk away because I'm lost. I walk away because I need peace like I need air to breathe and I don't have it. I walk away because he's right. He's right. In fact, he's spot on, and I can't believe it.