'By the sea' 

I read the caption under. It says it was originally owned by an American Commandant of the Marine Corps. It was a ring the commandant wore on his wife before going on a suicide mission in the middle of the ocean. The wife was explained to count her last days and decided to put the ring to raise money benefiting relief amongst locales held disasters.

"I'll get it for Third." I watched Mama subvert a gasping amount on her sheet. Lalo na dahil may dumating na dalawang tycoons to check out the ring too. I was reading the two businessmen's faces, memorizing they would not want to bid high. They were just interested in the story.

My heart is beating fast. There was an impulse for me to join the bid but I couldn't stop thinking about what will be only left for me after executing a big cost. Because I know, I see Mama is going high for it!

So I really need to be decisive and wise! Out of all the items, this seems to be the only one that caught Mama's keenness to make the charity profit. Iisipin ko nalang that I will give her the thrill to bid but I have the advantage now of knowing the amount she started. Oh, no! Forgive me but I didn't purposely make myself see! She made me! And now... I'm still thinking about the amount I need to transcend. 

But, I think it was fated. I am bound to see this stunning ring to consider allotting such an amount I know I could always earn back but loss people will have rough retaining. 

Ensuing a time of more thinking, I eventually found myself getting a page and filling out the bidding sheet for the ring.

It was almost up to another day we're supposed to be leaving the place if only Third didn't ask me to skip Mama here and let the 'busy bee' do her business. Si Mama ay nagkaroon kasi ng biglaang conference sa mga exclusive reporters who abruptly arrived in the event center. She said it was difficult to repudiate, the fact that the media was somehow linked to those society teams she was thankful for, for materializing her credits to achieve again the 'another' biggest break of her career this year.

Dahil antok na antok na rin naman ako, at uwing- uwi na talaga... mabilis akong um-agree kay Third. I wanted to laugh. This was just something I wouldn't do if schmoozing someone before talking. Because the old Avi never slipped a chance to impress her boyfriend's mother. Crazy me.

"Want to crash at my place for the night?"

Agaran ang pagtingin ko kay Third na nagmamaneho ng sasakyan. His fingers were steadily relaxed on the steering wheel because of the clear track. Talagang paumaga na nga dahil bilang na lang ang mga dumadaan na car sa road. But the customary style of the city's subway system has never closes... even justifies it's the city that never sleeps. 

"Just never going easy done, eh?"

"Quit it, Third. You know my pick."

"My fingers were strangely numb. Couldn't think of a long drive."

I chuckled. This guy really knows how to play with my concern. Longer drive pa kasi kung itutuloy niya ako sa hotel na pinag-s-stay-an ko lalo na at mas malapit na ang sa kaniya. Say I'll just leave scratching a refute about this except for one thing...

"You're just bluffing."

He snorted. "Foul."