Chapter 26: Fright Knight

Start from the beginning

"I don't know what's scarier." Tucker said. "The underwear, or the fact that he carries them around in his coat..."

~~~

"What if we did something with skeletons?" Danny asked me, holding up his sketch pad. It was a drawing of a skeleton choking Dash. "See?" I sat across from him on his bed and I sighed.

"On a scale of not to ten?" I asked. "Not."

Danny was unimpressed by my answer and tore out the page from the sketch pad once more. He tossed it out with the rest of the other ideas he had that were...similar.

"How about this, (Y/n)?" He stood up from me and changed into Danny Phantom. Tucker was sitting on the chair nearby, and we exchanged looks. He phased through his bed and I ended up hopping out of the bed once he grabbed the bed sheets over his head and floated around all ghost like. He started making scary, spooky sounds and that was when Sam walked in.

"Lame." She said, and Danny slouched over.

I shrugged at Danny and sat back down on his bed. He turned visible again and took off his bedsheet. "Oh man..." he said, and changed back to normal. "Halloween's a week away, and I still don't have a clue what to do for my haunted house room."

"Which is why I asked Sam to pick up an old book at the bookshop where she likes to skulk and lurk...and also to find something that may look promising!" I said. Sam already had it out and she handed it to me. I crawled back to Danny and sat next to him. He looked over my shoulder as I opened up the book.

"The Chronicles of the Fright Knight?" Danny asked.

"He's the age old spirit of Halloween." Sam explained. "Legend has it, that if his sword, the Soul Shredder, cuts through you - you get teleported to a dimension where you live out your worst fear."

I turned the page and Danny looked a little closer. "Wait a minute..." Danny said. "I've seen this before!" He reached over me and opened his bedside table to reveal folders. They were folders of the Ghost Zone he mapped out and it was still in progress. Once he leaned back, he placed the paper in front of me to match it up with the book on the side.

I saw he labeled the realms where he fought most of the ghosts. In the middle of his map, was the same location in the book. "Look familiar?" Danny asked me and I nodded.

"It matches the map we've been making of the Ghost Zone!" Tucker said.

"This is great!" Danny exclaimed. "He's the ghost and he's the spirit of Halloween. That means I can take the best ideas from this guy and fuse them into my Haunted House Room!"

~~~

"And by fuse..." I started to say to lower the book. I tried to see what Danny replicated at the abandoned building the teachers hosted at.

"You meant totally ripped off?" Sam provided. Everything looked like they were all stuffed with hay and or made of rubber, the tiny spiders were especially rubber. We saw stuffed teddy bear heads on a pole and I'd like to not figure out where he got those from.

"Well, it's not about being original." Danny corrected. "It's about not eating Dash's underwear." He walked over to the Fright Knight, who had a literal metal bucket over his head, and hay for hands and feet. Danny also had a fireplace that was made out of a cardboard box, and I will admit, I'll give him points for the hard work. He smiled, and approached the knock-off, Fright Knight.

He changed into his alter-ego, Danny Phantom and phased through the dummy. "I AM THE FRIGHT KNIGHT." He yelled, standing upright. "TREMBLE BEFORE THE SOUL SHREDDER~"

He jumps down in front of me and Tucker. "It slices, it dices!" Danny said in his original voice. He swung the sword balloon at my head and my chest. "It creates your worst fear! Now, how much would you pay?"

"For this thing?" I asked, squeezing the tip of the balloon. It squeaked.

"About 59 cents. Now if you'll excuse me..." Tucker finished and walked away. Danny placed the Fright Knight dummy back into the seat and changed back to normal beside me. Tucker went and grabbed a pumpkin bowl. "I'm a little late to snagging some of that free candy." He pulled out his PDA and showed us all of the neighborhoods that were highlighted in red. "Got my route thoughted out for OCP: Optimum Chopper Payload. You wanna steer clear of the red zones. Nothing but fresh fruit and granola bars in the red zone."

"So where's your costume?" Sam asked.

He pulled out one of those gag costumes with the glasses and fake nose and placed it on him. He handed one out to Sam and put one on her too. She didn't look too happy. Danny and I exchanged looks. "Gotta travel light if you wanna maximize your haul! Come on, Sam, lets go." He happily went to go open the door and said to himself, "Come on, baby, hit me with something sweet!"

He opened the door to our parents standing right outside, and ended up getting plastered in green goo substance.