CHAPTER TWENTY.

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 -

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 - .𝟮𝟬
( OUR FUTURE )

violet woke up in the hospital, she immediately looked for mitch. her eyes searched the room and she saw him sleeping, leaned over on the bed with her hand in his.

she smiled, joyed that he was still there with her. her heart fluttered at the sight of him. she was glad he was okay, he was alive and breathing.

violet was alive.

he squeezed his hand and he jolted awake. "oh thank god." he said, bringing her hand up to his mouth, kissing it. violet smiled at him, "i'm here." she whispered, he smiled at her. "you need a shower." violet joked and mitch laughed. he looked so relieved to see her awake.

"i didn't want to leave you." he said and violet looked around again. she hoped to see hurley, "he's a few doors down, he's okay violet." she nodded.

"you scared the shit out of me." mitch muttered and violet frowned. she thought back to the moment she blacked out. she remembered mitch holding her, pleading for her to stay alive.

she remembered and important detail, "you said... you.. loved me." she spoke more normally, getting used to be awake.

mitch shook his head with a grin, "what?" she asked and he shrugged, "i didn't think you heard me." he acted shy, almost embarrassed.

"i'm so sorry." she said, she felt her eyes getting watery. "i didn't mean to scare you." mitch leaned closer to her. he didn't want her to cry, "no it's okay now, we're okay." he assured her and violet nodded.

"i meant what i said." mitch looked deep into her eyes. he wanted to make sure that she knew, "you make me want to love again violet. you make me want to love you." violet smiled at him, she felt the exact same.

"you've changed my life mitch rapp." she put her hand on his cheek. he looked exhausted so she pulled him into a hug, "now go shower you stink." he let out a laugh.

ONE MONTH LATER.

mitch led violet out into the warm water. he held her hand as they gone deeper into the ocean. she looked around as they did. "this is where it happened?" she asked and mitch nodded. she frowned and pulled him close.

"i'm proud of you." she whispered in his ear. she couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to be here. she wanted him to know that she was there.

he did say anything as they floated through the waves. he just held her, keeping her close to him.

"you know, i think she'd be happy for me." he said and violet listened. "i feel like she would say, 'finally mitch, about time'" he laughed and i smiled.

"i love you." violet said and mitch looked at her. he took in her beauty and her flaws. there was no where he would rather be than here with violet. he was mesmerized by emotion.

mitch grabbed her cheeks and pulled her in for a kiss. their lips moved together as one. her body fit perfectly with his. they were one and they accepted it.

violet pulled away first, "my brother would be thankful, he would glad i had someone." she thought back to the night that changed her life. she realized she was at peace with it, it didn't scare her anymore. she knew everything was going to be okay.

mitch held her against him, rubbing her back.

"what's next for us?" violet asked, thinking about their hopeful future together. she imagined a house, two dogs and maybe a kid. she also knew that wasn't in the new future maybe a couple years. "i think we love work a little to much." she giggled and mitch turned her to face him.

"i don't think you should go back to work anytime soon." mitch said and violet looked stunnded. she loved her job, she loved being able to do it with mitch. yeah, she was worried about his safety now more than ever, but she understands not wanting to be held back.

"mitch, we will be together..." violet pouted, hoping he could see just how much it meant to her. mitch understood but he was terrified after what happened last month.

"violet i cant loose you." mitch seemed upset, violet could tell how scared he was. she smirked, "oh come on, i'm ultra violet." she shrugged and he shook his head with a smile. "you're just worried i'm going to outshine you hmm?" mitch grabbed her waist, throwing her into the water. she let out a screech as she hit the water.

she swam back to the surface in a fit of laughter. "you're still an asshole mitch rapp." she pointed her finger at him and he smirked.

"so you are worried that i'm better than you." she poked his chest and he waved her off. "is that a bet ultra violet?" he joked and violet cracked a smile.

"maybe it is, if you have something in mind?" mitch still had a smirk on his face as they slowly made there way out of the water. "do tell." violet wrapped her arm around his waist.

violet was excited to start their new adventure together. she was finally happy, being here with mitch. she imagined her life before, how unhappy she was. she remembered feeling undeserving. nothing was handed to her, she had to work for it. she was proud of herself but she also knew that self realization was a powerful thing.

she knew she deserved mitch, and he deserved her because life never made sense until now. so as they walked off the beach to start their new adventure violet held him close. pure bliss is what she felt because here with her was everything she couldn't dream of, and she had it because she deserved it.

☁︎︎

A/N: PLEASE READ!!

what an end to an amazing book. i'm so greatful for all you readers. thank you for sticking with me and violet, we've gone through journeys together and i cant wait to hear your thoughts.

you have my heart forever ultra violet.