CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

𝟭𝟲 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻( ABOUT TIME )

.𝟭𝟲 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
( ABOUT TIME )

THE car ride to the new safe house was full of noise. mitch was confused and wanted answers that violet already had. she was stuck sitting by annika and she stared out into the darkness the whole time. as soon as they arrived at the new hotel she jumped out of the car, heading to find her new room. she heard mitch arguing with hurley as she walked away.

it wasn't long until all three of them were in a room together once again. violet called the shower first and once she came out she was met with something she didn't want to see. annika was helping mitch clean his wounds. violet did her best to ignore, drying her hair with a towel. she turned her head away from the two, sitting on the bed.

annika went to take her turn in the shower and mitch turned to violet. "did you hear-" he began but violet cut him off. she tuned out their conversation out of frustration and she suddenly decided to let it out. a part of her was tired on them brushing past each other, caring but never saying it.

"you know, i keep wondering why you're here." she began, "so i'm just going to tell you why i'm here..." she took a deep breath and began her spill. "my brother was apart of a small mafia the CIA had been tracking for months. i was oblivious the whole time because my brother was like the parent i never had. he took up the roll as dad when my dad passed and my mom went nuts. so i trusted him with everything in me because that was who i was. until one night... he was trying to get out, he packed up everything we owned and we were running away.

"they tracked us down by causing us to run off the road as we were heading to the airport. after i recovered from the crash and was crawling out of the car, they shot my brother and assumed i was already dead..." violet took another breath, "later i found out they killed my mom too. that's when i decided to hunt them down and kill them myself, i thought that's what i deserved because they took everything from me.. and that's when hurley found me."

violet didn't even notice she was crying until she felt a tear slip down her cheek. she finally looked at mitch and he was just staring at her.

he stood up and walked towards violet, gently taking his hand and holding her cheek. she looked up at him as he wiped a tear away. before anything could be said he snapped his head up. "annika.. doesn't know about ghost." violet watched as he stormed into the bathroom. she sat there confused until the pieces clicked.

a loud banging could be heard from the bathroom, "don't fucking lie to me!" violet heard mitch yell and she quickly stood up, making her way to the bathroom. when she walked in, annika had struck mitch in the side. violets eyes widened as she watched annika pin mitch to the floor.

her feet suddenly moved and grabbed annikas hair, she screamed as violet flung her to the floor. annika stood up and violet grabbed her arm, flipping her to the floor with a grunt. mitch suddenly pushed violet out of the way gently but swiftly, and he straddled annika. he began to choke her, "you working with the iranians?" he spit and the pieces slowly merged together again.

violet backed up, her vision going blurry. annika is a trader, violet thought. she knew something was up the minute annika was trying to get on mitch's good side. annika bothered her from the beginning. when she snapped back to reality mitch had annika pinned in the water of the bath tub.

"mitch!" she yelled, approaching him. "mitch stop!" she yelled again, hoping he would snap out of the rage he was in. violet slowly reached out her hand, putting it on his back, "mitch" she said, calm in her voice. he suddenly lifted annika out of the bathtub, dropping her on the ground.

he turned to violet, breathing heavy.

mitch sat next to violet as they waited for hurley. he sat very close to violet now and she even leaned in to be closer. hurley walked in quickly and mitch stood up, violet following. "you were right mitch, the iranian mole is a tough nut to crack. all i could get from her was her handler, azad ashani. happens to be a friend of mine, i'm gonna go pay him a visit." hurley said and the group walked him with.

violet followed mitch, "okay then we're going with you." she said but hurley cut her off, "no i need you both to stay here. kennedy's on her way with the CIA team and a mossad team" he said, putting on his jacket. violet looked at him confused as mitch spoke up, "she's gonna ask us where you went, what the hell are we supposed to say?" hurley backed up, ready to leave.

"that's right she is, just let violet do the talking." he winked, "and you're gonna keep your mouth shut , you both will cover my ass" and with that hurley left.

violet and mitch sat down, waiting for kennedy. the common room was empty as everyone had gone to bed. "you didn't even get to shower." violet said, examining mitch and his torn clothes. "i'll be alright" he said, looking at her. "don't stare to long.. my bruises are swelling, i'm sure i look horrible." she said, turning away. "you don't" he said quickly and violet could still feel his stare. she didn't know what to say next so she just stared ahead.

"my fiancé and i were on vacation and there was a terrorist attack. she didn't make it.. so i devoted my life to kill the son of a bitches— and that led me here." mitch spoke up and violet froze. she didn't want to push with questions, she just listened to him tell the story, just like he did with her.

violet let all the details soak up her brain. she made sure she was really listening. the only thing illuminating their faces was the moon in the dark night.

when mitch finished she nodded, showing him she was listening to every detail. violet looked at him, "thank you for telling me" she said and mitch smiled a bit. "about time i guess." he joked and violet shook her head with a small smile.

she noticed a small tear threatening to fall from his eyes. she gently wiped it with her fingers, letting her hand rest on his cheek.

he reached his hand up to meet hers and the two stared deep into each other's eyes. they stayed like that for a moment before mitch began to lean in. so slowly violet didn't even know if he was moving. it wasn't until their noses touched that she knew it was real, the moment she knew she wanted but ignored.

mitch moved his hand to her lip, pulling it down slowly. his thumb traced her lips until he reached her jaw, pulling her in gently.

their lips connected and moved in sync. they took it slow, feeling each other's hot breath on their lips.

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

ꕥ    ꕥ    ꕥ

A/N:

THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

finally??

what took so long violet
lmao they are both stubborn

hope u enjoyed;)