•𝑜𝑛𝑒•

june 1st, 2021

dylan's pov:

i don't want to move. i have my whole life here in phoenix. i have amazing friends, an amazing boyfriend, a great school. i grew up here. and now i'm being forced to say goodbye to my childhood. i know that my dads new job is really good and all, but why does it have to be in california?

"i'm going to miss you so much." i sniffle pulling away from my boyfriend, jack, of two years. my tears still present on his white t-shirt.

"stop crying or i'm gonna start." he frowned watching the tears fall from my eyes. "i love you."

"i love you too." i mumbled back, staring right into his light blue eyes. he kissed my forehead as i wiped the tears off my cheeks.

"come on sweetie, it's time to go." my mother puts a hand on my shoulder. i nod, not daring to look away from jack. i sighed as we let go of each other. my mom gave me a sad smile as i got in our black pick-up truck.

"i know saying goodbye is hard sweetheart, but this is going to be a good thing." my dad looked at me through the rear view mirror. "plus, who knows, maybe you'll meet a cute guy better than jack."

a thing to know about my dad is that he's not very fond of jack and i guess it's for a good reason.  jack and i were always on and off and he completely flipped when he found out i was moving away to california.

i rolled my eyes. i don't want anyone else but jack. "yeah, ok dad." i said putting my air pods in my ears and blasting music."
-
nine hours later:

the ride was exhausting. i spent the whole drive either sleeping, listening to music, or reading. finally after nine long hours we pulled into the driveway of our new house and i'm not going to lie, it's beautiful.

"go pick out your room, kiddo." my dad snapped me out of my trancelike state. i nodded, unbuckled my seatbelt and ran into the new house, which surprisingly was unlocked. i ran upstairs and found my self in a long hallway, two doors on left and two on the right. i decided to check out the first door on the right. it was a small room, it had a small closet too. it would make for a pretty nice office space for my parents. the room right next to it was a small bathroom for guests. next i checked out the room right a across the hall. my eyes widened when i walked in. it was huge, definitely the master bedroom. it had a huge master bathroom and two walk in closets. yes, you heard that correct, two walk in closets. the finally i opened the door to the last room. it was a nice size, not to big, not to small. it has an attached bathroom which is nice and a small closet. i smiled softly, this is my room.

after looking around for a couple of minutes i went back outside. the moving truck was already open which means my parents already started unpacking. "no wonder what all that noise was." i said to myself. i hopped up into the truck and searched around for boxes labeled with my name on it.

"see you tomorrow smalls!" a faint voice called out in the distance. i turned around and saw a tan boy with dark brown hair tucked under an l.a dodgers hat. he was wearing blue jeans and a baseball jersey. he must've sensed me staring because he looked over at me. "shit." i cursed to myself out loud once i noticed he was making his way over to me.

"do you need any help?" he asked me. i was completely thrown off by how beautiful he was up close.

"i- yeah that would be nice." i smiled at him. "i'm dylan miller." i extended my hand for him to shake it.

"i'm benny rodriguez. it's nice to meet you." he shook my hand. we stared at each other for a second before he cleared his throat. "so uh, i guess i'll grab the boxes with your name on it."

i smiled at him. "yeah that would be great. just be careful, they're really heavy." i warned him, but it was too late. he already picked up one of the boxes like it was a feather. "never mind then." i mumbled causing him to laugh.

-
two hours later

benny and i got to know eachother while decorating my room together and it turns out we both have a lot in common. benny already met my parent, and of course my mom adored him and kept giving me the "oh my god dylan. fuck jack get with him." look. i was even more surprised that my dad and him already created a bond over baseball.

"it's getting pretty late and my mom is going to get worried." he shook my fathers hand.

"alright kid, you should get home. thanks again for helping dylan out." he smiled at benny.

benny turned to my mom. "goodbye mrs. miller." he smiled politely.

"oh please, call me carol." my mom gushed. benny smiled and nodded. "you are welcomed whenever you want."

then benny turned to me. "so dylan i was wondering if you would want to go to the sandlot with me and my friends tomorrow morning?" he asked me with a smile on his face.

i smiled at the thought of making new friends and also hanging out with benny again. "yeah, i'd love to."

"great!" he smiled. "we usually start playing around eight in the morning so i'll see you then."

"ok, see you at eight!" we both said our final goodbyes and benny made his way home.

"oh my god, dylan he's so nice!" my mom said very happy.

"haha yeah he is mom, but don't get any ideas. i'm with jack." i stated.

my dad rolled his eyes at jacks name. "listen kiddo, all i'm going to say is that benny is already a better match for you then jack is, and i just met the kid."

i rolled my eyes. "mhm, ok dad." i made my way upstairs and flipped down onto my bed. i was about to drift off to sleep when i heard my phone ding. i picked up my phone and saw i got a text from jack.

jack<3

hey babe
i miss you already
call me?

a/n - heyy guys! so basically i'm going back and rewriting all the chapters kinda. the story is going to have the same storyline and stuff like that but i'm making it more my writing style now! i love you all <3

- liana <3