(Can you break your) Butt (Bone?)

Foreshadowing? In this chapter? Noooooooooo.

Murder. The gamemakers are trying to murder us before we even get in the arena. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we do in training is walking on a flaming tightrope over a pit of venomous snakes.

So far we've had to do anything from push-ups to climbing a 100-foot rope. I fell doing both of those.

It really hurts where the sun doesn't shine.

The only good thing I'm good at is plants and animals. Especially figuring out which ones are poisonous. A lot of plants and animals are poisonous. There are even certain breeds of Watermelon that are poisonous.

One of the depressing things about being smart is that there isn't a good way to showcase your intelligence. I'm not going to get up in front of the game makers and mess with flashcards. And I'm definitely not going to get in front of them and pretend I'm athletic. But that still leaves the question? What will I do to get a good score?

Elanor claims she knows what she'll do, but it's a "secret." She won't even tell Adam, because I'll try to get it out of him. Sure, that's true but it still hurts that she thinks so little of our trust.

It's finally the day of the private training sessions. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Adam said jokingly that I should just go in and say that they practically have to give me a good score because I'll win.

So when they finally call Aron Chapaltie from district 3 in to the training room, I draw a blank. So I say the only thing that comes to my mind. My stupid, stupid mind.

"You practically have to give me a good score because I'll obviously win."

And then I walk out.