Normal(ish)

At my school, kids will say they're not like other kids and go on to explain how they're different. I'd probably do this too if I weren't like other kids. Or if I really wanted attention. But the truth is I am like other kids. My name is Aron Chapaltie. I like the color blue and I have a best friend named Eleanor. I live with my mom, dad, and brother. I am one of the most normal people you'll ever meet.

Eleanor, on the other hand, isn't like other kids. She lives in the basement of our house with her brother. Her mom passed away 2 years ago, and Eleanor has to clean our house along with some of the other pass victor's houses for money. She's really smart but had to drop out of school so that she could support herself and her brother. If this were a book, she'd be the main character.

I live a relatively simple life. I wake up in the morning, have breakfast, go to school, come home, talk to Eleanor, eat dinner, and then go to bed.

Eleanor lives a confusing and complicated life. She wakes up, makes breakfast for six people, cleans four houses, has lunch, cleans another three houses, comes home, talks to me while she makes dinner, puts her brother to bed, then goes to her second job as a waitress. She'll come home at about 2 every morning just to wake back up at five and start the process all over. Like I said, it's complicated.

Eleanor and I have been best friends ever since we were born. I think part of it might be because we have the same birthday.

Eleanor's and my mom were best friends. My mom is a past victor of the Hunger Games, and she coached Eleanor's mom to victory as her trainer. They got pregnant at the same time and had us.

My father is also a past victor. Eleanor's father is a shithead, who thinks with his dick.

In district 3 I'm kinda popular. My mom, dad, and brother are all past victors of the games. When I turn 16 I'm expected to volunteer to compete, too. I've been training to win since I could walk.

Here's a secret, though: I don't want to win the hunger games. I don't want to even compete in the games. But as my father is oh so fond of reminding me it is "My birthright." I only have two more years of normal before I'll have to fight and kill other kids, and quite possibly die myself. Yay.

Omg! Hi. I'm Audrey and I wrote the chapter you just read. So this book technically wasn't supposed to be published until August 21, 2021. However, I was in a sharing mood, so I pushed the release date forward to August 12, 2021 and uploaded the first chapter. If you liked it please add it to you library so you can get notified when I upload more! Also vote, and share! I also have another (completed) Hunger Games fanfic, similar to this one, available. It's called "All for Him." Go check it out!

Also I don't normally do author's notes at the ends/beginnings of chapters, I just wanted to explain myself.

Bye for now!