"See what I mean?" His shaky voice muffled by his hand. All of a sudden, he groaned and grabbed his head as he fell to the floor on his knees, "ARGH!" She heard a sniffle come out of him.

"I don't... I don't want to hurt you or Lina. I know someday I'm going to do something I'll regret, and I don't want either of you to be involved in it" he rose his head to her, letting her see a tear slipping down his cheek.

"I'm scared"

He was like a little kid who didn't want to be separated from the family he loved so dearly, but in the end, was forced to anyways.

Val wasn't the only one filled with sadness at the moment. (Y/N)'s face softened as she finally understood his situation.

"At first, I thought I felt this way because of my jealousy towards Red Hood" he exhaled nervously. "(Y/N), I'm sorry I lied to you. In fact, I knew Red Hood was Jason long ago. I discovered it when you told me to research him. After finding out his real identity, I remembered you telling me about your childhood friend. You only told me the story and his name once, but I never forgot it. The reason I kept that away from you was because I was jealous... and also because I didn't want you to leave Lina and I"

As soon as he finished talking, he began muttering to himself, "Damn. I'm not a man... I'm such a weakling" he held one side of his head with teary eyes.

He instantly grabbed (Y/N)'s shoulders, and as he stared into her eyes, she noticed something about his eyes change and she knew, this wasn't Val talking. "I know... you can come and stay with me. I don't want to hurt you. Why in the world would I? I love you-"

CRASH

The roof above broke down as someone fell through it and landed perfectly on the ground.

"Take your hands off her, Val" a voice said. 

(Y/N) was surprised to see the familiar red headgear.

Val turned, "Red Hood? How did..." he tried to process the fact that he fell from the roof and still nailed his landing. "And the men outside..."

"Cash is taking care of it"

That snapped Val out of his trance, releasing (Y/N) from his grip. A glare was soon plastered on his face, "You left her on her own?!"

"Relax, she's got it. I helped her with half of your men, which is 9" Red Hood showed the number with his fingers.

"By the way, those aren't my men. Those are Joker's" Val spun the other way. "My father"

Red Hood kept quiet, trying to think who in the world would have a kid with- but he immediately got the answer.

"B-But Val has been fighting against the Joker his whole life. He's not a bad person!" (Y/N) spoke.

"Huh" Red Hood huffed and crossed his arms, "Not a bad person? Then what the hell did he do to you right now? Or is that a friend thing? Is it normal to inject someone? You can't possibly still trust him after that. How do you know he didn't secretly spoil your plans all this time?"

"Because we've alway-" though before she could try defending him, Val intercepted,

"He's right (Y/N)" he used her first name, assuming Red Hood already knew her identity based on what Lina told him. "I did speak to Joker several times... I just never realized what I've done until the call ended"