Chapter 9: A Message To You

Authors Note: Hey guys, thanks for following this story :) I'm thinking this may be the last chapter as I'd prefer to move on to oneshots since I have a few other ideas I want to start on that are shorter. But this being my first fanfic has helped a lot in figuring out what I need to improve on with my writing and getting used to stuff or switching styles, so I'm excited to start new ones with the ideas I have. I'm not cutting this story short, this is originally where I planned to end it anyway but maybe in the future I'll add a few extra short chapters with more sbi content (This story has focused largely on Tubbo and Will, so I could do more on Phil, and other's perspectives if you guys would like that.) Anyways, I hope you enjoy this final chapter and leave any suggestions in the comments :)

Two more days had passed with Tommy in the hospital. After making many phone calls and texts to other friends and family to fill them in, and also informing the fans, he felt quite exhausted with the overwhelming attention, but also very relieved. He had kept his announcement brief on twitter, not going into to much detail about what happened. The last thing he wanted was his fans to freak even more than they already were or to start speculating things. He wanted them to feel reassured he was okay and to not worry them with the extent of his injuries, it just hurt him more to see his friends and fans sad like that. Then with the help of Wilbur, he attached a picture to the message too, of him sat up in the hospital bed holding up a peace sign, and a anxious but genuine smile adorning his bandaged face. He was bombarded with supportive and loving messages from fans and other content creators, all wishing him a speedy recovery and expressing their excitement to see him back to making videos. He was thankful they had received the news fairly well. Tommy read through the messages with beaming eyes, feeling even more fired up now himself to get home. Things were going to be normal again!

Nikki, Jack, Wilbur, Phil and Tubbo all made regular visits to the hospital to keep him company, and occasionally others like Quackity, Dream and Techno would make appearances through face time to join in on the fun. He loved these visits where he could be surrounded by his friends, joining in their random conversations or laughing as he watched them up to their usual bickering and chaotic antics. Phil would always demand updates on his condition and recovery,  constantly double checking if Tommy was okay, only to be inevitability teased at being Dadza because he couldn't stop pampering Tommy. Sometimes, Will would even bring his guitar along, and treat them to a live performance of some of his songs, to which every time would end with at least half of them bellowing out the lyrics with him. It was always a blast, and Tommy appreciated this more than ever, he could never be more thankful for his friends.

Eventually as a few more days passed, Tommy was about ready to be finally discharged, but with close supervision and several medications to take. Despite protests, Wilbur had insisted that he would stay with Tommy at his house to serve as that supervision to help with his parents who were also busy working, whilst the rest had headed back to their own homes. Phil had to be basically dragged back into Jack's car who was dropping him off at the station, as he was determined to stay longer with Wilbur and help. After many warm farewells and wishes of good luck (and an extensive lecture from Phil about not doing anything crazy and taking care of himself) they all went their separate ways, leaving Will and Tommy outside his house. 

"Well, guess it's my time to take on the Dadza role" Will declared, as Jack beeped his car as a final goodbye before disappearing around the corner. 

"Aww Will no please, I can take care of myself I'll be fine" Tommy whined. Will side eyed him doubtfully and raised an eyebrow. 

"You are seriously clueless at how much trouble you can get yourself into when we aren't here to keep you under control." Wilbur scoffed, as memories of Tommy getting lost at the arcade the second he took eyes off him came back to his mind, along with many other incidents. Tommy snickered, remembering all the times he had made Will chase frantically around after him in a desperate attempt to keep him from getting into a mess. "Don't look so gleeful, you're way to chaotic and mischievous for your own good, I'm surprised I've not gotten grey hair yet from having to deal with you."