Chapter 3: Rage

Author's note: Sorry for it being a while since the last chapter, I've been super busy with school, but I should be able to release a few chapters soon. Also warning: This chapter mentions panic attacks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilbur stared blankly forward, completely frozen and still clutching his phone to one ear. He had just been in a call with Tommy's dad. His grip on his phone tightened until his knuckles turned white.  He slowly moved his hand down, it began to tremble, then shake, until his whole body was violently quivering as he began to softly cry. His phone slipped out of his hand and he let it fall as he moved his hand to cover his face, leaning his weight against a cupboard and slumping down to the floor. This couldn't be happening. This is some nightmare. It can't be real, it can't...Why, why did this have to happen? Wilbur's thoughts were going a mile a minute as he tried to process what he had just been told. He knew this was out of his control, but somehow he still felt responsible. He had always been quite protective of Tommy, so it brought him so much pain to think something happened and he wasn't there to stop it. He was always there looking out for Tommy, he cares about him so much, just like a little brother. So to imagine the possible scenarios of this was absolutely terrifying. He tried to tell himself everything was going to be ok, that they would find him and that he would be safe. But the negative thoughts and impending dread swarmed over them like a dark cloud overpowering everything, and his anxiety only escalated further. 

Hot tears stained his face, his breathing was rapid and shallow, his heart hammering in his chest and his body continuing to shake uncontrollably. A few minutes passed as he sat on the floor trying to calm himself, but it wasn't working well. He glanced at his phone that had slid across the floor and after a moment, he reached toward it. There was someone he needed. He struggled to dial the number with his blurred vision and trembling hands, but eventually got it and quickly held the phone to his ear, waiting tensely and pleading they answer.

"Hello?"

"-Ph-Phil" Wilbur hardly chokes out between breaths and sobs.

"...Mate? You ok, what's wrong!?" Phil's voice was thick with concern and alarm, immediately worried for his friend. 

"I- I don't know how to say- It's-"

"Calm down it's alright, take deep breaths, take all the time you need" Phil said carefully, as he tried to help Wilbur in his current state. A few minutes passed with Phil's calm voice guiding Wilbur until his panicked breathing reduced to small gasps and quietened his sobs. 

"I-I'm alright, don't worry about me, but something bad has happened" Wilbur curled more in on himself not wanting to say it, afraid of admitting this was all real. 'He-he's gone" He mumbles, "T-Tom...Tommy's missing" His stomach clenches and burns, fresh tears fall and he feels more sobs rising up again at the words he just had to say. "He's really gone and I'm so scared of losing him" His voice wavered.

There was a long silence at the other end of the phone. 

"What?" Phil asked slowly, in complete shock and disbelief. 

Wilbur took another moment to compose himself before speaking, "last night he didn't come home from school... he got kidnapped. They are investigating it now and trying to find him."

Phil put his head in his hands, he didn't know what to think, he couldn't bare to lose another close friend, and Tommy was so young...Images of him laughing with a big smile on his face came to his mind, all of Tommy's jokes and the times he came to Phil for advice and other great memories that left a gaping whole in his heart. Like Will, he was very protective of him, proud too. He was such a good kid. It just wasn't fair. 

Phil let out a heavy, shaky sigh. "Shit..."

For a few moments, they both sat together quietly crying, alone in their own thoughts and sharing each other's comforting presence. Both understood each other enough to know what they were thinking without words. Everything around them feels numb, distant. Phil has no idea how much time passed during it, but then suddenly there was the sound of movement from Wilbur's end. Eventually, he spoke, and the tone that escaped his throat was icy cold, rich with pure despite and rage. 

"I'm gonna kill them. If they even dare do anything to him I'll make them pay. We are going to get him back."  Wilbur's eyes were wide and a-light with fiery intent, clenching his fists and fixing into a stern, determined expression. "I'm not going to lose you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter, I'm working on making some longer when I have time. Any feedback is appreciated, I hope you enjoyed :)

Edit: I'm so sorry unexpected things happened irl so I haven't been able to work on this, I'll avoid saying when chapters will come out cause it's not fair on you if I then don't stick to it, but I am working on this again!