I feel his eyes burning holes onto the back of my head . But I dare not turn to see this action.

"Take out your notepads." Mrs Jackson says after what feels like years.

The entire lecture , I feel his eyes drilling holes onto my skull . It's hard to ignore it because everyone keeps looking at us and murmuring .

"Okay,  when you head home be sure to study the notes that I've given you . And most importantly read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  It'll be an assignment essay which contributes sixty percent of your end of semester marks.

Alright, enjoy your day . And learners ,  class dismissed ." She says and leaves the room.

Quiet murmers hang around the room,  nobody moves and then I hear shuffling from behind me .

"Hey Gemma , see you at lunch." Jeremy says then leaves the class .

The moment his cologne is far enough from the class , learners burst into conversation.  As if there was never any pin drop silence .

"What was that?" I ask Ally , she's been miraculously quiet .

"That guy ." She says .

"Allison , I know it was that guy , I want to know what it was about that guy . " I urge her . Speaking through my teach.

"Okay , rumour has it..." she says , lowering her voice .

"Wait , since when do you listen to what naysayers have to say?" I ask her.

"Well , its because this time , I'm an eye witness . Look , people say that he's a boxer . " she says .

"Okay, what's wrong with being a boxer?" I ask, feeling very confused.

"Well , nothing is quiet wrong . Its just that he has an issue with anger , he is always angry and he beats people up.

People have seen him with bruises on his face and limps and visiting the hospital once .

He's just dangerous . I know this because I almost say him kill Colt for bumping into him one time." She says , still whispering .

"Oh " is all I manage to say .

"Yes , and there's more . People actually think that he's from juvie.  We're not sure but that's what people think .

Gemma you have to stay away from him please." She says .

"Yea, yea sure." I nod , still in shock from what I'd heard.

I mean,  a light 'he has bipolar ' would have been much better.

Instead we're talking about a possibly mentally disabled person.

"Come on , you know how professor Jenkins gets when we're late. " She says pulling me.

Our economics professor is really old and even stricter than he is old . He will throw you out of his class for coming late.

Ally and I push our legs faster .

We take our seats in the class , but luckily for us Mr Jenkins is out of the class.

"Hey , tomorrow my mom is hosting a birthday dinner for my dad . Would you like to join me?" She asks .

Before I answer her , Mr Jenkins walks into the class and greets us . He begins drawing the demographic cycle and continues to explain it to us .

After class we head straight for the seating area , not before buying two cups of coffee from a near by stall .